ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension in the Uk-interview in Birmingham

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension in the Uk-interview in Birmingham

Post by Poppy2020 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Hello
I am wondering if anyone can give us advice as to what questions may be asked at an interview in Birmingham for Spouse visa extension.
My husband is here on a spouse visa and he applied for his extension in March this year, he has submitted all documents in July in Sheffield, this was delayed due to covid as initially he was to give his documents in in April. We are in a genuine marriage and have a 1 year old baby.
My husband however works in London but our home is in the east midlands. I work here but he comes home every few days and I also have been travelling to stay with him whilst on maternity leave. His work away is something he did as he had the opportunity to train and get some experience and now he is looking for work in our home city but needs his new Biometric Resident Permit.
He had an email a few weeks ago stating that he works in a different city so how are we in a genuine marriage and asked for proof that he travels home so we sent all train tickets etc but for my tarvelling down there I have been going by car.
Now we have been asked to go for an interview at Birmingham.
So we are just asking if anyone wo has been on one of these interviews -what sort of questions are asked and what is the process.
We have a baby and are in a genuine caring marriage and just because someone works away doesn't mean it is not a real marriage.
Any advice would be helpful-we just got the email today and interview is a week away.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension in the Uk-interview in Birmingham

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:38 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:18 pm
Hello
I am wondering if anyone can give us advice as to what questions may be asked at an interview in Birmingham for Spouse visa extension.
My husband is here on a spouse visa and he applied for his extension in March this year, he has submitted all documents in July in Sheffield, this was delayed due to covid as initially he was to give his documents in in April. We are in a genuine marriage and have a 1 year old baby.
My husband however works in London but our home is in the east midlands. I work here but he comes home every few days and I also have been travelling to stay with him whilst on maternity leave. His work away is something he did as he had the opportunity to train and get some experience and now he is looking for work in our home city but needs his new Biometric Resident Permit.
He had an email a few weeks ago stating that he works in a different city so how are we in a genuine marriage and asked for proof that he travels home so we sent all train tickets etc but for my tarvelling down there I have been going by car.
So we are just asking if anyone wo has been on one of these interviews -what sort of questions are asked and what is the process.
We have a baby and are in a genuine caring marriage and just because someone works away doesn't mean it is not a real marriage.
Any advice would be helpful-we just got the email today and interview is a week away.
First put your mind at rest. This described above is an experience of some contemporary families wherein due to career or professional pathways family is somewhat separated.
There is hardly any question they will ask that as genuine subsisting relationship would stomp either of you. Have the same evidence of travel commute available, documents that reflect cohabitation - i presume the address of the party in East Midlands is taken as normal residential address. If there are functions events that you do or have attended and are independently verifiable in the area you called home have such information available.
I ieave for others input.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:18 pm
Hello
Worth to read:

immigration-for-family-members/marriage ... 63910.html
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:50 pm

Justice done to that, well done Seagul 👏

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Thank you for your response and link which we have looked at
We have already submitted train tickets that we had for my husbands travel and I travelled by car so do not have any proof except driving license.

In such interviews can you take extra documents such as photos of our babis First birthday last month. Due to lockdown there have been no functions attended since he applied for extension.

Do you know if they are only focusing on the time sconce he submitted his extension application?
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:13 pm
I travelled by car so do not have any proof except driving license.
Be careful in disclosing it because a lot of areas have/had the restriction of not leaving the home/area other than for essential activities such as work/education etc. That may exacerbate the case more severally.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:42 pm

would it make the case more difficult if i said we were separated during the first lockdown period. My husband is care worker so was not allowed to travel to home during lockdown

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:42 pm
would it make the case more difficult if i said we were separated during the first lockdown period. My husband is care worker so was not allowed to travel to home during lockdown
Owlishly refer to the relevant contemporary legislation covering your area which might give you some escaping route. But always disclose the facts truthfully.

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 pm

being truthful is always the best way. I am just worried that we may be penalised for having separation through no fault of our own due to lockdown

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:16 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 pm
being truthful is always the best way. I am just worried that we may be penalised for having separation through no fault of our own due to lockdown
Aside all above, I am very sure that if that separation is due to him being a care worker (key worker) than all suspicion over you might be waived on a good explanation.

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Yes he is a key worker so has had to be careful. We have already emailed them all e tickets for trains etc so not sure what else we can add at the interview although we will have a list of dates he travelled to home and back. Someone would not be paying so much in train fares unless he wants to visit family he loves
Would it be worth taking photos of our little boys first birthday last month with my husband with us too pus any other photos of us.

Just not sure what else can help in this situation
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:43 am

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 pm
Yes he is a key worker so has had to be careful. We have already emailed them all e tickets for trains etc so not sure what else we can add at the interview although we will have a list of dates he travelled to home and back. Someone would not be paying so much in train fares unless he wants to visit family he loves
Would it be worth taking photos of our little boys first birthday last month with my husband with us too pus any other photos of us.

Thanks
Present a truthful case and or situation surrounding you that has not allowed continuous cohabitation.
You may take the picture however be mindful that the number of people in the picture including person behind camera does not exceed permissible number if any at the time the event held.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:42 am

Poppy2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Thanks
Take everything with you proving your subsisting relationship even the screen shots of calls/texts. Also give a good look on the questions being asked in previously supplied link which are very well designed.

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:52 am

Thanks for your advice . We have not been saving WhatsApp etc any more as did not think we would need this sort of stuff any more but will take what we have.
I can't believe that we are having to go through this-we have a baby and want to get on with life

Your input has been very helpful

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Poppy2020 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi
Could I ask you both-are they interested in just the period since the application for visa extension or the 6 months prior?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Poppy2020 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Hi
Could I ask you both-are they interested in just the period since the application for visa extension or the 6 months prior?
IMHO, can not tell you categorically the period of interest to be delve in by the interview. Chrck and use the link you got and be prepared for any questions, it could go as far as the beginning of relationship or only for period since living apart due to work to check subsisting relationship.