ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a child's first British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Michelle0507

a child's first British passport

Post by Michelle0507 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:18 pm

Dear members and gurus,

I hope everybody is doing well. I hold ILR based on long residence. My son was born after my ILR. I am just wondering how to get my son's first British passport.My partner just received his ILR after the birth of my son. When I tried to apply for it, it asks my son's grandparents' birth certificate as well as their marriage certificates as we do not have them in the UK. Please note that we are not from EU. What do we have to?

Kind regards,

Shell

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: a child's first British passport

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Assuming your son in born in UK.
I hold ILR based on long residence. My son was born after my ILR.
You need:
Child’ UK birth certificate
Your ILR BRP

Your child is British by birth. Ignore the checklist if it asks any documents related to grandparents.

You are also advised not to return your ILR BRP even after your naturalisation as it is the proof for your son’s British Citizenship.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Michelle0507

Post by Michelle0507 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:29 pm

I would like to thank you very much for your quick reply. Yes, he is born in the UK. Just one more question. Where can I read (which section of the document) about holding my ILR after naturalisation. As I have to know the answer very soon.

Kind regards,

Shell

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.