ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ways to NOT work and stay on Tier 2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wonderberry

Ways to NOT work and stay on Tier 2?

Post by Wonderberry » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:55 pm

I am looking for ways to stay on T2 (G) visa, remain on my ILR track (2yrs left of 5) and not work. This is so that I can take care of my disabled sister.

My Director has offered me to take a 6m sabbatical, but I checked the forum and it seems sabbaticals are not allowed under T2 (G). My Director is happy to support me in whatever I propose and is happy for me to go unpaid for however long.

I will go on paid paternity for 4 weeks in 2021. What else can I do in the 2 years that are left until ILR to get away from working?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ways to NOT work and stay on Tier 2?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:26 pm

There isnt a way. You are required to be in employment as that is the purpose of your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wonderberry

Re: Ways to NOT work and stay on Tier 2?

Post by Wonderberry » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:18 pm

I think there are options e.g I can have paid paternity; 4week unpaid sick leave. Right?