ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deborahCO

Approved!!!

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:28 am

Just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to everyone on the boards -- I've read through most of the posts within the past couple of months, and they were all very helpful. Now, to share my good news:

Application Date = 15 Dec 2004
Received by HSMP = 22 Dec 2004
Approval Date = 4 Feb 2005
Received Approval in Mail = 17 Feb
No additional documents sent/requested.

I claimed 90 points, but I believe I overclaimed my education points, and thus experience credit. I don't know exactly how many points I received, but this is what I believe:

Education = 15
Work Experience = 25
Earnings = 25
Total = 65...squeaked by! :)

For documentation, I sent copies of my degree certificates, my educational transcript, my original current bar member/license cards, letters of reference from my current and former employer for the previous 5 years, payslips and payment records verified by my employer for the previous 12 months, my 2003 tax return (with similar income for 2004), school transcript, a detailed projected living budget, copies of flat rentals for price comparison, copies of job openings pertaining to my field and copies of research I had done on the cost of living in the UK (i.e., taxes, tv license info, etc.)

My heart goes out to all June - Nov applicants, and all else who are still waiting a response. I will say a prayer that you hear VERY soon -- all good results!!!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:36 am

congratulations there Deborah. i was also beginning to worry there that we might be wrong on our predictions that they have finished Dec applications, but it seems they definitely have gone thru most of them (the ones on this forum anyway), So at least the applicants from as far back as June 15 will now have a chance. Good luck with EC, and have decided when you want to go over

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:39 pm

that was a good one deborah. many congrats on your approval. best wishes for EC and the new challenges of relocation! 8)
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:11 pm

Thanks for the good wishes! I'll be moving in June, waiting until the end of April to submit for EC. I'll be crossing my fingers for all those still awaiting decisions - hope you get the same good news SOON!