ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deborahCO

Entry Clearance Questions

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:01 am

In going through the online info and forms I''m rapidly becoming confused. Can someone confirm the right answers to the following questions?

1. Is the VAF1 the right form to use for HSMP entry?
2. Is HSMP considered a work permit or permitless entry?
3. What should you put in the the work permit boxes on form?
4. Is the entry for 1 year or more?
5. Is it OK to put your reason for travel to UK is for immigration or permanent settlement? The form is labeled for non-settlement, but HSMP requires intent to settle - contradictory.
6. How long does it take to process EC from the US?

Please forgive me if these questions have been posted/answered elsewhere.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:49 am

Just a bit of topic. Do you know you can fill in the form online, its a new system they are introducing in different embassies, i am not sure if you can do it the US but just check on the British Embassy site. the nice thing about it is that the form will only present to you the question that you have to answer, so if you tick the HSMP box it will eliminate all the other question that are not relevant to HSMP applicants, and at the end it will give you a list of the documentation that you will need to send to the embassy together with your passport. i will do a bit of searching if i find the link i will post it here

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:15 am

Deb, you can do it online at the britainua website. When it asks what kind of visa, you check "permit-free employment," then it goes to the next section that show "highly skilled migrant programme." Keep in mind that once you get entry clearance your one-year clock starts ticking, so you might want to wait until you're three weeks or so from your planned move.

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:14 pm

Thanks! Seems like online is the way to go. As I'm going in mid-June, I'll wait to send until the end of April, and request an entry date in early June.

Sher

Post by Sher » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:19 pm

Hi Lynn,

Wld appreciate yr participation on this forum ....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3059

Meanwhile, Deborah .....
VAF 1 is indeed the form u will have to fill out.

EC sure is confusing !

Thx
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: