ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query re eligibility for applying EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cardigun
Newly Registered
Ireland

query re eligibility for applying EEA Family Permit

Post by cardigun » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:17 am

Hi
I am an Irish national living in the UK.
I want my brother(Indian national, living in India) to join in the UK via EEA Family Permit for extended family.

I lived in UK for 2 months (Jan and Feb 2020) in rented apartment for a job.
Then I came back to Dublin.
On 21 Oct, I moved to Belfast,UK and living here since then.

Am I eligible to apply for EEA Family Permit? I am asking because I have not lived continuously for 3 months in UK (EU exercising treaty rights clause) but total residence is 3 months. The periods are:
6 Jan - 3 Mar 2020
21 Oct - current

Please let me know at the earliest.

kind regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: query re eligibility for applying EEA Family Permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 am

Hello

Is your brother dependent on you?

As we are nearing the end of 2020, I don't recommend to anyone to apply under EEA EFM unless there is a strong situation already established.

Note that if your brother is refused, he will never be able to apply for a visitor visa to the UK again. So before applying, you need to make sure you have a strong case with reasonable chances of success.

kamoe
European Union

Re: query re eligibility for applying EEA Family Permit

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:47 am

My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.