ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on 14 year stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barzz147
Newly Registered

ILR based on 14 year stay

Post by barzz147 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

I made an application for ILR based on the 14 yr rule in December 2007. And i have received two letters from HO since then. The first one confirming the receipt of my application and the second one in Jan 2008, telling me that my application is valid. But since then i have not heard from them again. Can anyone tell me How long this kind of application normally takes because i get very confused the more i think about this matter. Thank You

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:21 pm

How long is a piece of string? Sorry not the informative answer you were looking for.

It could take several months if not years to get an answer. It is not a quick process and things are done on a first in first out basis. I have seen applications that are coming out of the system for consideration that were submitted in 2003!

They do streamline family applications - the very few that there are. Family types usually have gone for the 7 year child concession rather than wait out the 14 years.

fczenit
Newly Registered

Re: ILR based on 14 year stay

Post by fczenit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm

barzz147 wrote:I made an application for ILR based on the 14 yr rule in December 2007. And i have received two letters from HO since then. The first one confirming the receipt of my application and the second one in Jan 2008, telling me that my application is valid. But since then i have not heard from them again. Can anyone tell me How long this kind of application normally takes because i get very confused the more i think about this matter. Thank You
I had known 2 applications that took around 11 months to get a decision. But as you know every application is deferent, so give and take a few months.