ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Dependent - Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

ILR Application - Dependent - Queries

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:56 am

Dear members & experts,

Apologies in advance if I am, may be, asking an oft-asked question. However, I would appreciate your kind help at this point.

I have ILR since 2018 through Tier 2 (General) route. My wife who arrived in UK in 2014 on PBS dependent route, is now eligible for applying ILR in UK.

My questions are as follows:

1. From what I have read, she needs to apply for ILR using SET (O) application, is this correct?

If 1. is correct then points 2 and 3 are completely throwing me off.

2: In the first part of the application there is a section called: The person you are joining or accompanyingg, which has a question: Which visa is Mr XYZ applying for or been granted?
In the options I was expecting to see ILR, but the only options I am getting is tier based visas, including, Tier 2 (General) that I previously had. What should I select there?

3: In the same section there is a question: If they have one, what is XYZs sponsor licence number?. I was not expecting this question as I am no longer sponsored, and on ILR. Again, what should I do with this question?

4. Absences from UK since 11 Jan 2018: She has been absent only for 36 days. Does she need to show any proof of that?

Will really appreciate some sort of input here.

Thanks.

K.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Application - Dependent - Queries

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:08 am

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:56 am
Dear members & experts,

Apologies in advance if I am, may be, asking an oft-asked question. However, I would appreciate your kind help at this point.

I have ILR since 2018 through Tier 2 (General) route. My wife who arrived in UK in 2014 on PBS dependent route, is now eligible for applying ILR in UK.

My questions are as follows:

1. From what I have read, she needs to apply for ILR using SET (O) application, is this correct?
SET(O)

If 1. is correct then points 2 and 3 are completely throwing me off.

2: In the first part of the application there is a section called: The person you are joining or accompanyingg, which has a question: Which visa is Mr XYZ applying for or been granted?
In the options I was expecting to see ILR, but the only options I am getting is tier based visas, including, Tier 2 (General) that I previously had. What should I select there?
Answer: Tier 2 G

3: In the same section there is a question: If they have one, what is XYZs sponsor licence number?. I was not expecting this question as I am no longer sponsored, and on ILR. Again, what should I do with this question?
”IF” question

4. Absences from UK since 11 Jan 2018: She has been absent only for 36 days. Does she need to show any proof of that?
She only has absence limits on any leave that was granted after 11th Jan 2018. Lets say her last leave was granted on 24th Feb 2018 (assumption). She will only list absences after 24th Feb 2018. No proof needed

Will really appreciate some sort of input here.

Thanks.

K.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 am

Thanks CULLINAN. That's brilliant.

Regarding point 4. does my wife need to show any proof of those absences; if yes what sort of proof is accepted?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 am
Thanks CULLINAN. That's brilliant.

Regarding point 4. does my wife need to show any proof of those absences; if yes what sort of proof is accepted?
No proof needed.

Also, your wife needs cohabitation documents for last 2 years (just a heads up).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi Cullinan,

No where on the SET(o) application form there was a mention of proof of cohabitation. Where can I find more details on it.

For the proofs, as understood from various questions in the forum we must have both of our names on the bills or documents?
We have 3:
  • We just have one joint bank account, and can show the statements. From 2019 to 2020.
  • Tenancy Agreement from 2016 to 2019 and property paper since 2019 + Mortgage statement from Nov 2020, would that be okay?
  • Council Tax paper Bill from 2014 to 2018 & 2020. We are missing 2019 council tax bill - but have e copy from website (without council logo), will that work?

Thanks
Kanu

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Also, do I need to show the proof of cohabitation for 2 years or 5 years?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Checklist is not accurate. You need last 2 years counting back from date of application. 3/4 different sources spread evenly during last 2 years i.e. 3/4 months. Ideally in joint names OR top up with sole names and same address.