ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still Waiting on EU Settlement paperform

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Still Waiting on EU Settlement paperform

Post by robsters » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:36 pm

So we applied with the EU Settlement scheme paper form as I am a British citizen and my wife came in via dublin 5 years ago when she fell pregnant... we came back to live with my parents at the time. We went with settle status as it was exactly 5yrs in September this year ...we had a request for a better passport photo back in October and then few weeks later on 2nd of NOV got a confirmation letter saying the application is being process with a pending decision by email or phone call soon...my concern is her permit card expires on the 15th Dec...what happens if we heard nothing before then is she entitled to remain the UK during this time after 15th until a decision? also we are starting to get extremely anxious about the decision surely this should be a routine decision to allow her to remain? she has a British son born here and worked the whole time she been here as well I tried to ring the EU settlement this week but had no luck getting through on the phonelines hence my message on here to see if anyone can shed any light on my questions,

speedy_star
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Still Waiting on EU Settlement paperform

Post by speedy_star » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:51 pm

Could you please let me know that when did your wife gave her fingerprints for the biometric record. I mean when you applied for settled status on a paper-based application then after how long your wife gave her fingerprints?

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:24 pm

she hasnt given finger prints....i assumed because she did all that 5yrs ago and has a 5yr residence card she didnt have to do all that again?

speedy_star
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by speedy_star » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:07 pm

robsters wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:36 pm
So we applied with the EU Settlement scheme paper form as I am a British citizen and my wife came in via dublin 5 years ago when she fell pregnant... we came back to live with my parents at the time. We went with settle status as it was exactly 5yrs in September this year ...we had a request for a better passport photo back in October and then few weeks later on 2nd of NOV got a confirmation letter saying the application is being process with a pending decision by email or phone call soon...my concern is her permit card expires on the 15th Dec...what happens if we heard nothing before then is she entitled to remain the UK during this time after 15th until a decision? also we are starting to get extremely anxious about the decision surely this should be a routine decision to allow her to remain? she has a British son born here and worked the whole time she been here as well I tried to ring the EU settlement this week but had no luck getting through on the phonelines hence my message on here to see if anyone can shed any light on my questions,
Do not worry at all, after the 15th of December your wife's status will remain the same as of pre-application. Your wife will get the status. In the case of the British citizen, who has exercised their treaty rights in member countries, the UK Immigration take extra time as compared to other European citizens. This purported delay in the decision is either due to presumed extra checks or because of their resentment towards such cases. The UK Immigration presumes that the Brtish citizen went to another EU country just to bring his or her dependent into the UK in other words circumvent immigration rule therefore they try their best to get something out of the application. But honestly, they can not do anything if you have provided them the evidence of residence in the UK for the last 5 years and the birth certificate of your child. I was in your shoes, I am a British citizen and brought my wife here from another EU country. They took around 3 to 4 months but ultimately they gave us the settled status. Do not worry at all and have a nice and deep sleep. Your wife will get her status sooner or later.
I wish you very good luck. I also understand your situation as I have gone through all this.

speedy_star
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by speedy_star » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:09 pm

One more thing to ask after how long they returned the ID documents of your wife i.e passport or Biometric Residence Card.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:58 pm

Thank you for your kind words

I did forget to inc my son birth cert :/ but provided all the details to show she worked here the last 5yrs but 5yrs ago we showed evidence she was expecting a child so I would assume they would have this on record as having a child...bit stupid of me not to inc the sons birth certifcate :/

as for when they returned the card and passport that was quite quickly about 1 month after we sent the application , sent it 9th Sep...and got the passports back on 15th oct then cert of application letter on 2nd of november