ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit (Urgent advise please)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanzafar

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit (Urgent advise please)

Post by irfanzafar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Respected all,

I am posting this question on behalf of my friend.
He is an Italian national and got his Pre-Settlement in Aug-2020 and applied for his Parents (Pakistani nationals) as Non EU Close Family members in Sep-2020 and provided Biometrics. After 20 days of waiting he contacted UKVI for the status of applications via email (paid service). He was informed that decision has been made and they need to wait to be contacted for passport collection.
However after not having any update for another 10 days he contacted again to check the status and requested to know the exact status if decision has been communicated to the relevant collection office in Pakistan as parents need their passports for another travel purpose. He was requested to provide details (i.e. passport number, application number, submission date). He has provided all the requested details. Now he is advised to wait for another 15 working days as they have escalated it to the relevant department.

1: Does any one else has experienced the same situation?
2: If his parents get decision after December-2020, are they able to come and apply for Pre-Settlement before Jun-2021?

Thank you very much in advance.

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit (Urgent advise please)

Post by NatCam » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi,
They will be able to apply to pre-settlement scheme after 31.12.2020.
I have no answer to the first question. All I know is that lots of people are in the same situation. Some get positive results.

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:51 pm

irfanzafar wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 pm
Respected all,

I am posting this question on behalf of my friend.
He is an Italian national and got his Pre-Settlement in Aug-2020 and applied for his Parents (Pakistani nationals) as Non EU Close Family members in Sep-2020 and provided Biometrics. After 20 days of waiting he contacted UKVI for the status of applications via email (paid service). He was informed that decision has been made and they need to wait to be contacted for passport collection.
However after not having any update for another 10 days he contacted again to check the status and requested to know the exact status if decision has been communicated to the relevant collection office in Pakistan as parents need their passports for another travel purpose. He was requested to provide details (i.e. passport number, application number, submission date). He has provided all the requested details. Now he is advised to wait for another 15 working days as they have escalated it to the relevant department.

1: Does any one else has experienced the same situation?
2: If his parents get decision after December-2020, are they able to come and apply for Pre-Settlement before Jun-2021?

Thank you very much in advance.
Similar situation here & after waiting for 15wd for passport collection, I was asked to wait for another 20wd

irfanzafar

Post by irfanzafar » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Thank you very much for your reply NatCam and thank you Gnyd3mn for sharing your experience.
I agree its frustrating for the person to wait but considering the Covid-19 situation it is justifiable.

My friend is not concerned about the waiting time. He just wanted to be sure that if his parents arrive after 31/12/2020 they are able to apply for Pre-Settlement visa and now he is RELAXED..... :lol: :lol:

Thanks to this wonderful forum and lovely people.