ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR - have I massively messed up without scans of all pages within old passports?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shu90
Newly Registered
Singapore

10 year ILR - have I massively messed up without scans of all pages within old passports?

Post by shu90 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi guys, I'm applying for my ILR (10 year LR route). After submitting my application, the UKVCAS website had nothing listed in the mandatory section - but I uploaded the scans (only of bio page :cry: ) of my passport and visas over the years anyway to the 'Optional' section, with a note that I will bring the physical copies to the biometrics appointment. I hadn't come across this wonderful forum prior and had assumed that they would collect the documents then.

I've just come back from my biometrics appointment. The UKVCAS staff I dealt with did all my biometrics and then checked + approved my uploaded documents. The only extra thing she scanned was the pages within my current passport. I asked if she would scan the pages within my previous passports and she insisted it wasn't mandatory despite my persistent requests. Now I'm so worried I haven't submitted the required evidence of my residence in the UK ! Upon getting home, i uploaded the full scans of all pages within my old passports - but not sure if this is too late? The website states "if you are still missing required documents when you attend the service point, you can choose to add these to your application by uploading them to your account on the UKVCAS website before 22.00 on the same day, after which point your application will be sent to UKVI as is." But does anyone have any experience with this? Failing which, will the HO have records of my days of entry / exit within the UK anyhow? Or will my application be rejected?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: 10 year ILR - have I massively messed up without scans of all pages within old passports?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:14 pm

UKVCAS always insists not to scan or upload previous passport(s) at the centre as they do not know the immigration rules.

However, it was your responsibility to upload documents as per the immigration rules.

Anyways, you can only hope that your documents will be submitted as the website claims if you upload before 10pm on the date of appointment.

In any case, nothing to worry, HO will ask you to submit the previous passport(s) covering the 10 year period. This may delay your case but nothing to worry.

Similar case where user was asked at a later stage:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-rou ... 04987.html
by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:21 pm

HI
I recieved an email from home office that i only scanned the front(initial pages) pages of my passport and need to send the passports which i had for the last 10 years under 245AA(b). SO it means i have to send the original passports or just photocopies to the mentioned home office address.
regards
Sana
If you want to a little proactive. You can POST the photocopy with your Case ID to HO. Use the address as mentioned in the above thread.
Permanent Migration
Department 84
Blue Zone, Level 5
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP
It will be allocated to your CW as long it reaches any department.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shu90
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: 10 year ILR - have I massively messed up without scans of all pages within old passports?

Post by shu90 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes kicking myself for making assumptions! I can only wait now, fingers crossed x

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:42 pm

Just adding to what @CULLINAN said.

It was good that you caught yourself and made sure to upload the copies before 10pm. When I was at my appointment there was another person in there, their doing theirs. Quiet (and echo-y) room meant I heard their whole conversation. This person turned up without any of their supporting documents to submit (at an enhanced service point) and hadn't self uploaded them either (bizarrely as their solicitor told them to not do either). So the UKVCAS attendant told them they had until 10pm that day to self-upload the documents too. Given that story, I assume you should be fine. Worst case like @CULLINAN said, the caseworker should contact you (though that might slow your application down).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Thank you @Ajitu92 for sharing your personal experience.

One way to double check is to log in your UKVCAS account and open each category individually and the files names should say “submitted” in the front.

Most likely all the documents submitted at the appointment itself will say so.

The passport copy you uploaded later the same day should also say “submitted” either after 10pm or by tomorrow.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.