ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Follow up documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruv_

EUSS and citizenship

Post by dhruv_ » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Hello

Just one query please. I am Indian national and I have obtained permanent residence card on basis of being married to EEA citizen. I have qualified to apply for citizenship in 2019 but never made the application. I am waiting on couple of documents to become available. Now I need to either apply for EUSS or citizenship before end of the year 2020.

My question is, if I apply and get EUSS will I need to wait for another year to apply for citizenship or because I have already qualified for citizenship application I will be able to apply for citizenship as soon as the all documents become available?

I was planning to get EUSS in November 2020 and apply for citizenship in January 2021. Is this possible?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EUSS and citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm

You can apply for naturalisation now with your PR document (you don't need Settled Status for that) - you are correct in saying that if you were to use Settled Status you would have to wait 12 months from issue date to apply for naturalisation. You may still apply for Settled Status - that won't invalidate your EU PR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:42 am

Thank you very much for your response. The reason for this query was I am still waiting on couple of documents to complete my citizenship application. My file will be complete in January 2021. But I need to submit either EUSS or citizenship application before end of this year.

So would I be able to submit EUSS application in November 2020 and then citizenship application in January 2021 when I have all documents ready?

I have already qualified to apply for citizenship with my PR in 2019 but never made an application.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:51 am

dhruv_ wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:42 am
Thank you very much for your response. The reason for this query was I am still waiting on couple of documents to complete my citizenship application. My file will be complete in January 2021. But I need to submit either EUSS or citizenship application before end of this year.

So would I be able to submit EUSS application in November 2020 and then citizenship application in January 2021 when I have all documents ready?

I have already qualified to apply for citizenship with my PR in 2019 but never made an application.

Thank you
Yes.
The deadline for Settled Status is actually 30 June 2021 - but of course you can apply for it now.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:56 am

Thank you again.

But will I be able to apply citizenship just couple of months after or will my qualification reset to another 1 year wait?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:43 pm

EU PR and Settled Status are two different things.
Settled Status does no invalidate PR as such they are/have been acquired under different sets of rules. Only if you rely on EUSS for naturalisation you have to wait 12 months.
What papers are you waiting on? I recommend you apply now with PR.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm

The last document I’m waiting on is proof of English language requirement. I should have this by December latest January. I’m just worried if I can wait till then for citizenship application or if I should apply for EUSS ASAP. If I apply for EUSS I don’t want to wait another year for citizenship application either. What would you recommend to do in this scenario?

Also do the case workers ask for additional proofs if they are not happy with the application or reject it straight away? Is there appeal rights for citizenship application?

Thank you for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:06 pm

dhruv_ wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm
The last document I’m waiting on is proof of English language requirement. I should have this by December latest January. I’m just worried if I can wait till then for citizenship application or if I should apply for EUSS ASAP. If I apply for EUSS I don’t want to wait another year for citizenship application either. What would you recommend to do in this scenario?
As explained you can apply for naturalisation using your EUPR, as soon as possible. You can also apply for EUSS in parallel but it will not cancel your EUPR. Perhaps it would be quicker to do the B1 test.

Also do the case workers ask for additional proofs if they are not happy with the application or reject it straight away? Is there appeal rights for citizenship application?
UKVI can ask for additional information or documents if they deem it necessary. They will not reject applications outright unless you are clearly not satisfying the requirements, such as Good Character or absences. Reconsideration is available in the event of refusal, but that looks at whether they have applied the law correctly or did not consider all facts.

Thank you for your help

dhruv_

Queries regarding naturalisation

Post by dhruv_ » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Hello guys. Two small queries please, would really appreciate your advise on these.

1. English language requirement- I have finished diploma in law from Uk university in 2011 but never attended graduation ceremony so I don’t have original diploma certificate. University has sent me transcript and a letter of completion of studies. Would that be enough? The guidance says they do accept the transcript if you’re not graduated but I wonder if they will accept it when I finished the course 9 years ago.

2. Good character requirement- I have some council tax arrears from few years ago but there is agreement in place and I have been making regular payments. It’s around 60% paid at this stage. In the application should I mention about this in the cover letter or not mention it? Will this be an issue?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Queries regarding naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:42 pm

1) https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
If you’ve lost your certificate or you’re waiting for graduation
You must have proof that you’ve passed your degree. This can be either:

an official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award

an official letter from your university confirming it cannot reissue your certificate or when it will be issued
Your letter must include:

your name
your degree
the date the degree was or will be awarded
Should be okay.

2) Did you receive a CCJ against your name? As long you are making payments and can provide evidence, you are fine. Also, its best to disclose it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Also read the guidance and make sure your diploma qualifies:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Page 15
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Thank you for the quick response, you’re the best!

There was no CCJ, just fell behind payments because of dispute with landlord and now catching up on those payments. Okay, I will mention it in cover letter.

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:56 pm

dhruv_ wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 pm
Thank you for the quick response, you’re the best!

There was no CCJ, just fell behind payments because of dispute with landlord and now catching up on those payments. Okay, I will mention it in cover letter.

Thank you
If there was no CCJ, no need to mention either.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi Cullinan

It says the following in the guidance so I’m hoping it will be okay. Mine is postgraduate diploma in international commercial law.

“Diplomas
Applicants holding a postgraduate diploma, or a graduate diploma from a UK university, are considered to have the required level of English for a ILR or citizenship application.
Postgraduate diplomas are usually abbreviated as PGDip, PG Dip, PgD, PgDip. Examples would be:
• postgraduate diploma in legal practice
• graduate diploma in law
• postgraduate diploma in education
• postgraduate diploma in teaching”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:14 pm

To be honest, you are best placed to see what kind of diploma you have as per the guidance. If any doubts, taking a B1 SELT is always an option.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi Cullinan

In your experience is there any official way to confirm if my Postgraduate diploma is acceptable? Will they confirm on the phone if I ask?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:10 pm

dhruv_ wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi Cullinan

In your experience is there any official way to confirm if my Postgraduate diploma is acceptable? Will they confirm on the phone if I ask?

Thank you
Sorry not sure as do not have knowledge about diplomas/confirmation. However, if you may want to consider B1 SELT here is the correct link:

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5

dhruv_

Follow up documents

Post by dhruv_ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi guys

I have applied for the citizenship and also done my biometric appointment couple of weeks ago. I have now obtained an important document to support my application.

How do I send a follow up/supplementary document? Can I email it or post it to any particular address?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Follow up documents

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm

dhruv_ wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:15 pm
Hi guys

I have applied for the citizenship and also done my biometric appointment couple of weeks ago. I have now obtained an important document to support my application.

How do I send a follow up/supplementary document? Can I email it or post it to any particular address?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Email or post.

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Permanent Migration
The Capital Building
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Mention your Case ID and details.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Topics merged!!!

What exactly is this "important document"? You should probably waited to apply if it is such an important document you need for the application. Ukvi do not have to take late documents into consideration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Thank you Cullinan

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:34 pm

It is English language requirement document.
The University provided me the transcript and letter but the letter did not have date of graduation. They told me I will only get my degree certificate early next year which would have been too late for my application as it had be submitted before end of this year (I’m on PR card). So I had no option but to submit the application with the letter and transcript. The transcript and letter do not have date of graduation on it and they won’t provide amended documents. The date of graduation is one of the requirements listed in detailed guidance of English language requirement. So I had no choice but to submit the application.

Now all of a sudden they sent me the degree certificate by post. So I thought I will send it to UKVI to remove any doubts.

So you’re saying even if I post or email the document they won’t consider it?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 pm

They will. Just send a COPY, not the original.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Is this the address to send cover letter too
Bizman