ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cash gift from father

Post by fizzy2020 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:48 pm

Hello

I am new here so sorry for any mistakes I make. I am submitting a spouse visa for my husband based in India. I have used a cash gift from my father for financial requirements. I am submitting 6 months signed and stamped (at bank) statements from me as I do online banking.
My father gave me the gift in January 2019 so I have got a signed and stamped statement from January 2019 showing the money going into my account. My father doesn't do online banking, so he has the official statement he received dated 7th february 2019 showing the money leaving his account. My question is does he need to get this signed and stamped at the bank as the document is just under 2 years old?

Thank you for your time and help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cash gift from father

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:48 pm
My father doesn't do online banking, so he has the official statement he received dated 7th february 2019 showing the money leaving his account. My question is does he need to get this signed and stamped at the bank as the document is just under 2 years old?

Thank you for your time and help.
If that was already an official version then no need. Usually for proving cash savings you need to attach your 6 months of bank statements along with a declaration disclosing the source of funds.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Thank you for your help

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Online Application

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi everyone

I am trying to fill out the application form online. I am on the 4th section titled documents. I have ticked all the documents I have. The only one I dont have is NARIC as my husband has the IELTS A1 so I left that box unchecked. However the site is not allowing me to save and continue. The message "tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents" comes up. Shall I just tick the NARIC box anyway? As I have already indicated in application that my husband has IELTs. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help and time.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:05 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 pm
Hi everyone

I am trying to fill out the application form online. I am on the 4th section titled documents. I have ticked all the documents I have. The only one I dont have is NARIC as my husband has the IELTS A1 so I left that box unchecked. However the site is not allowing me to save and continue. The message "tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents" comes up. Shall I just tick the NARIC box anyway? As I have already indicated in application that my husband has IELTs. Has anyone else had this issue?

Say No where it asks that whether do you have any degree studied in English or asking something similar. Then you won't be asked about NARIC.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Online Application

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:49 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 pm
Hi everyone

You must have selected “yes” to the degree taught in english. You can not use the degree abroad without NARIC so you should have selected NO. It will then NOT generate NARIC in the checklist and you can simply rely on English Test.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:58 pm

You have already been answered in your original thread:

immigration-for-family-members/cash-gif ... 09210.html

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:16 pm

That did it. It was confusing as his degree was taught in English but IELTS was quicker and easier for us to do.
Thank you

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Thank you both for your help. Sorry I thought the subject was different so didnt realise I could continue on my original thread ,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:30 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:16 pm
That did it. It was confusing as his degree was taught in English but IELTS was quicker and easier for us to do.
Thank you
An overseas degree without NARIC assessment is near to nothing despite conducted under English atmosphere. However, you have proactively done well in undertaking the English test.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Premium Bonds

Post by fizzy2020 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello

I am using Cash Savings for financial requirements for my husbands visa. This includes Cash gift from father more than 6 months ago and Premium Bonds cashed in to my bank account in September 2020 (held in bond form for more than 6 months previous to that).

The advice is to provide proof that I have the money in bond form or cash in period 6 months before application (30th November). I cashed in the money in September. I have a letter from NS&I and transaction history in August 2020 saying that I have held this amount for longer than 6 months. I then got a letter and transaction history from them proving that I had cashed the money into my account in September and it had left my premium bond account.

My question is that these letters and transaction histories are from September and August 2020 which isnt within 28 days of application (30th November). Will this be ok as I have the bank statements which show the money, dated 28 days of application?

thank you for your help

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Withdrawing application

Post by fizzy2020 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi all

I am considering withdrawing application as I have asked NS&I for a new letter regarding my premium bond activity. They will send out by tomorrow. As this is 11 days after submitting application, should I withdraw and reapply again? If so, how long after withdrawing can I reapply?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Withdrawing application

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:59 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:25 pm
Hi all

I am considering withdrawing application as I have asked NS&I for a new letter regarding my premium bond activity. They will send out by tomorrow. As this is 11 days after submitting application, should I withdraw and reapply again? If so, how long after withdrawing can I reapply?

Thanks
As per the official guidance, the relevant evidence must not be older than 28 days from the date of application which also implicitly mean of shouldn't be post dated either. Despite that, still in numerous cases the post dated documents were actually acknowledged but ideally latching on it should be abstained. So, in case, if you choose to withdraw your application then should be able to reapply it forthwith as long as can stump up another set of fee for the time being as you would get the refund of your withdrawn application anytime at later.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:40 pm

If you believe the requirements are met, then don't withdraw the application on account of the date issue. It won't be rejected for that reason.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:43 am

Korekt wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:40 pm
If you believe the requirements are met, then don't withdraw the application on account of the date issue. It won't be rejected for that reason.
I concur with @Korekt’s thoughts.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:11 am

De facto during this time the document dated after the application wouldn't be disregarded.
If you’re unable to provide specified documents
In some cases, we will be able to decide your application without seeing certain specified documents if you cannot get them due to coronavirus. Otherwise, you may be asked to submit the specified documents after the date of application.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Thank you everyone for your help. I am still waiting on the document, so my husband has delayed his biometrics appt. Does the gap between date of application and biometrics appointment matter? Is there a maximum time?

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Thank you everyone for your help. I am still waiting on the document, so my husband has delayed his biometrics appt. Does the gap between date of application and biometrics appointment matter? Is there a maximum time?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:48 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm
You have to submit biometrics within 45 working days (working days sat/sun not included). The deadline will be mentioned on your UKVI account @further actions page.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Thank you. I cant seem to find any information about this directly on the gov.uk page. There is nothing specific concerning day limit on the further actions page.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:26 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:24 pm
Thank you. I cant seem to find any information about this directly on the gov.uk page. There is nothing specific concerning day limit on the further actions page.
Further actions page should list the deadline. 👀 again. Log in to your UKVI account.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:38 pm

I checked again. On the further actions page, when I login to my account, there are the following headings under mandatory actions with link buttons next to them:
1. Download your supporting documents checklist
2. Get a tuberculosis test, if required
3. Make arrangements to provide your documents and biometrics

Under 'Make arrangements to provide your documents and biometrics', it says the following:
'You must make arrangements to provide your documents and biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph) with our commercial partner'

When I click on the link button next to it, I am taken to another page with the below message:
Provide your biometrics
You are about to be transferred to our commercial partner's website to make arrangements to provide your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph). You can return to your application at any time by logging in via the link sent in your payment confirmation email.
Your application may not be successful unless you complete all mandatory actions on the previous page. You must return to your application if there are incomplete mandatory actions.

There is no mention of a day limit.

However under ' Download your supporting documents checklist' it says:
You must download your supporting documents checklist and print it for when you provide your biometrics. This document will only be available to download until 28 July 2021.

Is this maybe because of the pandemic?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Ok I am sorry, I did not follow the thread from the start and missed you are applying from outside UK. Ignore my previous comment regarding biometrics as that applied to applications made in UK. I am not sure about any limit outside UK.

fizzy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fizzy2020 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi everyone

I still haven't received my documents that I needed from NS&I due to covid delays and Christmas. So I am considering withdrawing and then reapplying when I get them as they will be dated at least 3 weeks after my application.
Do I only have a certain amount of time from date of application that I can withdraw it? Or is it ok as long as my husband hasn't submitted biometrics?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm

fizzy2020 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Hi everyone

I still haven't received my documents that I needed from NS&I due to covid delays and Christmas. So I am considering withdrawing and then reapplying when I get them as they will be dated at least 3 weeks after my application. Why didn't you gather all this information prior before submitting your application?
Do I only have a certain amount of time from date of application that I can withdraw it? Or is it ok as long as my husband hasn't submitted biometrics? You can withdrawn your application provided you haven't attended biometrics.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.