ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on my SET LR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swissman20
Mood:
India

Query on my SET LR Application

Post by swissman20 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Dear forum members - looking for advice on my application. I'm creating a new topic as my previous one was closed.

I had originally applied for a T2G extension (25th May) until I varied that application to a SET LR (25th October). I recieved an email from Home Office (2 Nov) confirming whether I indeed intended to vary to SET LR and void the T2G which I replied affirmatively to.

My question is,
a) Will my application submission date be treated as 25th May or 25th Oct?
b) Will the same case worker work on the variation which could mean that my application could be done quicker?
c) I submitted my biometrics for the T2G through the IDV app and separately for the ILR in person on the 25th of Nov. Will this affect my application / seen as dual submission?

I believe my application is straight forward with no abscences etc.

I'm currently not working (voluntary redundancy) and have a job offer in hand but can only join once my ILR is approved.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Query on my SET LR Application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:33 pm

1) 25th May.
(I hope and pray the CW does not come back and say you did not qualify for 10 years lawful residence on 25th May). Keep us posted with your outcome.

2) Both are different departments.

3) You did the right thing.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Adding to what @CULLINAN said...as long as your original T2G extension application was submitted in time and you varied your application to Set LR after completing 10 years, you should be fine I believe.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Thank you both.

Yes, I can confirm that I applied for the T2G extension before my LTR expired on the 4th of June. I came in to the UK on 22nd August 2010 so I made my application for SET LR well after the 10 year anniversary.

Cullinan - you make an interesting point though, if my new SET LR application submission date is treated as the 25th May 2020 (25th of October), is it possible that I could get an expedited decision? Equally am I within my rights to escalate the application because it is over 6 months since application?

I will keep you posted on any news from the HO in the meantime.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello forum members,

Any advise on my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:37 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 pm
Hello forum members,

Any advise on my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I would advise you not to chase your case. Be patient and hope for the best.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 am

Fair enough :)

Thanks mate