ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP replacement application taking a long time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

James6384
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP replacement application taking a long time

Post by James6384 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:30 pm

My wife, who is on a FLR(M) spouse visa, lost her BRP some months ago, and applied online for a replacement one on 16 Sept. She attended her biometrics appointment on 30 Oct. It has now been over a month since her biometrics appointment, and 2½ months since she submitted her application, and we still haven't heard anything back about the status of her application. I assume that due to the Coronavirus situation, visa processing times are taking longer than usual at the moment. Given this, is it to be expected that my wife's application still hasn't been processed after 2½ months? Is there any number I can call to check on the status of her application, or is this not possible? Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP replacement application taking a long time

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Brp replacements is not a visa application. It is a card replacement only.

It can take up to 6 months
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James6384
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by James6384 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Thanks for your response.

Six months? That is a lot longer than I thought. What will be the consequence if my wife's new BRP still hasn't been processed at the point when her current visa runs out? She is eligible to apply for ILR in five months, and she still needs to take the Life in the UK test before that.

James6384
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by James6384 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Is anyone able to tell me what the consequence would be if my wife's new BRP still hasn't arrived to her by the time that her current visa (FLR M) runs out? Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:23 pm

James6384 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:19 pm
Is anyone able to tell me what the consequence would be if my wife's new BRP still hasn't arrived to her by the time that her current visa (FLR M) runs out? Thanks.
Dreadful consequences may only occur if she wouldn't apply before her expiry. But in your case she can simply apply FLRM and add a covering letter addressing the issue of not having received her BRP card. It will certainly work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

James6384
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by James6384 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:15 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:23 pm
James6384 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:19 pm
Dreadful consequences may only occur if she wouldn't apply before her expiry. But in your case she can simply apply FLRM and add a covering letter addressing the issue of not having received her BRP card. It will certainly work.
That's good to know. She will be eligible to apply for ILR in a few months as she will have been here 5 years, but she still hasn't taken the Life in the UK test. Do you know if she can take this test and (assuming she passes the test) apply for IRL if her replacement BRP still hasn't been processed in time? Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:50 am

Accepted forms of ID
You can use one of the following as ID to book the test:

valid passport
valid travel document with a photo (you cannot use an emergency travel document)
biometric residence permit
biometric residence card
Check the ‘Identification requirements’ document to make sure the ID you have is acceptable.

Email nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk for help if you do not have any of these documents.

The name you give on your test booking must be an exact match with the name on the ID you use to book the test.
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Lagalettelkrik
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Lagalettelkrik » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 am

Hello, I applied for a replacement on April 2020, enrolled my fingerprints but i'm still waiting.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Lagalettelkrik wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 am
Hello, I applied for a replacement on April 2020, enrolled my fingerprints but i'm still waiting.
There is a BRP thread and you can also lodge a complaint
https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

Lagalettelkrik
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Lagalettelkrik » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:58 pm
Lagalettelkrik wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 am
There is a BRP thread and you can also lodge a complaint
https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration
I have already made a complaint.
I have not received any reply.
Still waiting.
Thanks anyway

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:07 am

Lagalettelkrik wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 pm
I have already made a complaint.
I have not received any reply.
Still waiting.
I take it 20 working days hasn't elapsed since you put in the complaint.

They should give you a response within that window. Hopefully it will be a resolution that solves the problem.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Lagalettelkrik
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Lagalettelkrik » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:42 am

[/quote]
I take it 20 working days hasn't elapsed since you put in the complaint.

They should give you a response within that window. Hopefully it will be a resolution that solves the problem.
[/quote]

Hi, I made a complaint on 29th of November. So I don't think 20 working days has elapsed.
I hope so.
Thank you mate