ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General/Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General/Skilled Worker Visa

Post by way2iima » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:29 am

Hi, I am currently working in Tier 2 ICT dependent visa since August 2019 and my current employer has decided to sponsor me "Tier 2 General Visa" and they have given me the CoS as well but I couldn't travel till now due to the current covid situation. The certificate of sponsorship has been assigned on October 08, 2020 and expires on January 09, 2021. I have few urgent queries listed below, it would be very much helpful if someone can assist me with my queries at the earliest as I am travelling from UK to India to apply for this visa in next 2 days.

1. Has the Tier 2 General Visa is replaced with the Skilled worker visa from Dec 1, 2020? If so, can I use the same CoS assisgned to me on October for the Skilled worker visa?

2. These are my work dates mentioned in the CoS: Start date: 01 October 2020 and End date: 30 September 2023. I am planning to submit my visa application early next week after reaching to my home country (India). Will the start work date 01 October 2020 mentioned in the CoS be an issue?

3. The CoS assigned to me expires on January 09, 2021. This expiry date is for the visa application submission or I need to apply and get the visa as well before January 09, 2021?

Awaiting response from the admin or some active member in this forum.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General/Skilled Worker Visa

Post by way2iima » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:54 pm

@CROO1 & other moderators:

It would be very much helpful if someone can address my queries mentioned above at the earliest as I am travelling to my home country (India) in next 2 days to apply the skilled worker visa. Thanks.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:00 pm

@CROO1 & other moderators:

It would be very helpful if someone can address my queries as it is urgent. :cry: Will await for your earliest response. Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:00 am

1. Not from Dec 1 but Jan 1 2021
2. No, it shouldn't
3. You need to use(Apply for visa) the CoS before it expires
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 am

@Poper - Thanks a lot for your response.

So just to reconfirm, I am planning to apply the Skilled Worker Visa next week, can I use the same CoS assigned to me on October 8, 2020 to apply "Skilled Worker Visa" as the category mentioned in my exisitng CoS is "Tier 2 General-New Hires-Restricted"

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:06 am

No offence but I only had to read through the Skilled visa route to find answers. Ideally your employer should be on top of this.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... st-provide

If your certificate of sponsorship was issued before 1 December 2020
Your certificate of sponsorship will need to be updated because it was assigned to you before the Tier 2 (General) work visa was replaced by the Skilled Worker visa.

Ask your employer to update the ‘sponsor notes’ section in the UK visa sponsorship management system.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 pm

@Poper - Thanks for your guidance. I managed to get the CoS with the updated "Sponsor Notes". The company which I work for is small with less than 50 people and I am the first one in the company to get the work visa sponsored by them, so we do not have solicitor to assist with the SMS system or visa application. It's our HR who manages SMS system and she is also very new to these process of generating CoS etc.,

I received the CoS updated with a sponsor note like this from the HR: Due to the recent change from the Tier 2 General Work Visa system to Skiller Worker Visa, can this CoS please be treated as a Skilled Worker Visa. In addition, is it possible to update the start date for employment to 1 January 2021

I have 2 queries,
1. Can I go ahead and apply for the Skiller Worker Visa with this amended CoS with the sponsor note?
2. If it ask for the work start date while filling skilled worker visa application, should I give the one which menioned in the CoS (October 01, 2020) or the work start date requested under the sponsor notes (January 01,2021)?

Will await for your response. Thanks for your support.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:44 pm

@Poper - Please ignore my last message. Thanks for your guidance. I managed to get the CoS with the updated "Sponsor Notes". The company which I work for is small with less than 50 people and I am the first one in the company to get the work visa sponsored by them, so we do not have solicitor to assist with the SMS system or visa application. It's our HR who manages SMS system and she is also very new to these process of generating CoS etc.,

I received the CoS updated with a sponsor note like this from the HR: Due to the recent change from the Tier 2 General Work Visa system to Skiller Worker Visa, can this CoS please be treated as a Skilled Worker Visa. In addition, is it possible to update the start date for employment to 1 January 2021

I have 2 queries,
1. Can I go ahead and apply for the Skiller Worker Visa with this amended CoS with the sponsor note?
2. It asks for the valid work start date and work end date as part of visa application while paying IHS charge, Not sure which work star date and end date should I give....Should I give the one which menioned in the CoS (October 01, 2020) or the work start date requested in the sponsor note (January 01,2021)? If I use the start work date (January 01,2021) as mentioned in the sponsor note, should I calculate 3 years from there and mention the end date as December 31,2023 as the work end date has not been mentioned or requested in the sponsor note. Or shall I fill the same one as in the CoS (Start Date: October 01, 2020 and End Date: September 30, 2023) on the safer side and ignore the start date mentioned in the sponsor note (January 01, 2021). I am bit confused. I don't want to mess it up. This is the only step pending to complete my visa application. Please help.

Will await for your response. Thanks for your support.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:00 am

@Poper or other moderators.

It would be very much helpful if you can resolve my 2 queries posted above at the earliest as this is the only step pending to complate my visa application. Thanks.

pinkybalan
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinkybalan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am

1. Yes you can apply for skilled worker visa with amended cos
2. Use the start date that is mentioned in your sponsor note and end date as date mentioned in cos