ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP return

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ELSHEHAWI
Newly Registered
Egypt

BRP return

Post by ELSHEHAWI » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Hello,

I have received an email from home office granting me a new visa and asking me to return my old BRP to the BRP returns in Bristol. I have sent it yesterday by post using Special delivery by 1 from Royal mail. Today I was tracking the post and I found this message "Sorry, we tried to deliver your parcel on 02-12-2020 but there didn’t seem to be anyone in. Please choose an option below" and it was sent beck to Portishead DO. Now I am confused and I don't know what should I do. I can't contact them. Would they collect it or should I redelivery for me.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP return

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:36 pm

ELSHEHAWI wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Hello,

I have received an email from home office granting me a new visa and asking me to return my old BRP to the BRP returns in Bristol. I have sent it yesterday by post using Special delivery by 1 from Royal mail. Today I was tracking the post and I found this message "Sorry, we tried to deliver your parcel on 02-12-2020 but there didn’t seem to be anyone in. Please choose an option below" and it was sent beck to Portishead DO. Now I am confused and I don't know what should I do. I can't contact them. Would they collect it or should I redelivery for me.

Thanks
Perhaps no human was there to accept the delivery or willing to sign which most probably would be returned back to you. If so , then simply use a basic royal mail service (1st class) and ask for free proof of posting from the tills.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bakar
Newly Registered
India

Post by bakar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Hello all,

I returned my old BRP using Royal Mail first class signed for service on 9th Jan 2021 to Bristol PO box 195 bs20... And till now it’s not delivered. I called the Royal Mail this morning and they said it has been marked as lost on 22 Jan :oops: Any experienced members? What should I do? Should I write to home office address with proof of postage not to have £1000 fine? Or should I wait :-(

bakar
Newly Registered
India

Post by bakar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Hello all,

I returned my old BRP using Royal Mail first class signed for service on 9th Jan 2021 to Bristol PO box 195 bs20... And till now it’s not delivered. I called the Royal Mail this morning and they said it has been marked as lost on 22 Jan :oops: Any experienced members? What should I do? Should I write to home office address with proof of postage not to have £1000 fine? Or should I wait :-(

N S
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N S » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:26 pm

got the same problem sent by Royal Mail first class on 18/3/21 next day guarantee sign delivery but just tracked it Royal Mail tried to deliver no one was there to sign don’t know what to do now 🙂..