ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) WHEN DOES IT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Only Me
United Kingdom

FLR (M) WHEN DOES IT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED?

Post by Only Me » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Hi Everyone

My wife arrived in the UK on 08/08/2019 on a spouse visa which is for 2.5 years, when do we have to submit the application form for FLR (M)? Is it 3 or 6 mths before the spouse visa expires?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) WHEN DOES IT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED?

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Only Me wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:46 pm
Hi Everyone

My wife arrived in the UK on 08/08/2019 on a spouse visa which is for 2.5 years, when do we have to submit the application form for FLR (M)? Is it 3 or 6 mths before the spouse visa expires?

Thanks in advance.
You can apply its extension at anytime but to avoid the shortfall over qualifying period needed for ILR it should ideally be applied after 30 months minus 28 days from the date of arriving to UK until the last day of expiry.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) WHEN DOES IT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED?

Post by Only Me » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Thanks, Seagul!