ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Border Force on Sky One

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

UK Border Force on Sky One

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Anyone watched it? Quite an eye-open I thought.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Did you see me? Hopefully not as I requested ny face be kept out of it.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:38 am

shame about the black guy who came to visit his portugese girlfriend. poor guy got an entry for only one day...a bit harsh!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 am

ci07jjs wrote:shame about the black guy who came to visit his portugese girlfriend. poor guy got an entry for only one day...a bit harsh!
But he did get entry, if was the other way we'd be bounced back immediately!

I felt sorry for the Moldavian woman, few tears and I'm anybodies - 'go on love, you can stay'! I'd be a rubbish IO....

The Indian student was a lesson for some here - work over ur 20 hrs and there's little sympathy especially if u lie about it - might have got away with it if he'd come clean at first mind.

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

I have not watched it yet. We watched it last week, some of the Immigration officials were polite and human, but some of them were quite rude- on last weeks episode. :roll:

On some channels they show Australian Immigration in action. They are quite thorough it seems, but seem more polite than many of the UK Immigration Officers shown on the UK border programmes.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:21 pm

Blimey! Google Border Force Sky One and you lot come up!! Missed it...no repeats on Freeview? :roll:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Casa wrote:Blimey! Google Border Force Sky One and you lot come up!! Missed it...no repeats on Freeview? :roll:
try http://www.thebox.bz if u can get an account! It's an online PVR for all ur corries etc!

atenolol
Newly Registered

Post by atenolol » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 am

Oh man, I wanted to watch it too, but was at work doing a nite shift :roll:
I checked out that link that you posted, wanderer but it looks like its not possible to get an account...
I will definitely watch next week's one. Those who watched it, any interesting points in the programme, like things you didn't know about ect. ?

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:51 am

atenolol wrote:Oh man, I wanted to watch it too, but was at work doing a nite shift :roll:
I checked out that link that you posted, wanderer but it looks like its not possible to get an account...
I will definitely watch next week's one. Those who watched it, any interesting points in the programme, like things you didn't know about ect. ?
They showed the border force at work in the airports, ports and on the streets mounting a sting to snare illegal workers. The only thing that seemed very new to me was that they use some device that detects carbon dioxide levels. They use this device to probe inside the backs of the big lorries coming into the ports, to check for illegals hiding on board.

simar

Post by simar » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:43 pm

I watch the program last night. There was case of financial analyst giving forge bank statement to British high commission Delhi. Police was called to arrest him.
Two persons caught working illegally in Liverpool in a Indian restaurant. Again one lady from India & person from Iraq. The Iraqi was crying after caught.
The new wed couple while the boy was from Punjab , 35 year old while the lady from Wales was 60 year old. The officer at to British high commission Delhi was in difficulty to whether give visa to young man or not . He asked his superior officer for guidance.
I feel shamed me after watching this program, I am also from India. Perhaps more technological jobs need to be generated in India so that people need not come to Europe. That way it is win-win situation both for Europe & India. Less immigration and more jobs. Some of us high skilled should better see if possible to start business back home or move back home in the long run to create more jobs.

Post by 1971 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi All,

I havent watched it and will not. But why are they after them now? It is in the history of the western world that the so called 'illegal immigrants' actively contribute over 50% economically to these economies with UK been the highest. If you cant secure your borders in the past, who then do you expect to do it for you? Many of these countries know very well that the security of any nation lies more on the borders and the kind of people you allow into your country. Legal migrants are been drained to work their asses out while the so called 'illegals' and lazy ones enjoy the reaps. Afterall at some point in life and uptil now, the western world has been deceptive in tapping to some resources of some countries without adequately paying these countries back.You suck a country of its human and physical resources over 500 years ago and these countries have nothing to how for it because they taught them how to deceive one another,selfishness and greediness. These group of the so-called illegals came bouncing back to take back what has been taken away from their forefathers and everyone or the western world term them 'illegals'.What are these western world when they came to these countries by sea/water to invade their lands and enslave them - Grandfather of invasion and illegal entry into these countries...

I wouldnt call anyone 'illegal' as far as this world is concerned. I am only fortunate to have my papers because I was fortunate.

So,more education is needed, not the kind that we get in the University/Colleges but the innermost one.

Cheers.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:48 pm

What amused me was the White British ECO in Delhi with his adopted Indian accent......

Naks
Newly Registered

Post by Naks » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:21 pm

In Delhi I was amazed by the sheer amount of application. You need to do the calculation that is a lot of money collected and only a small fraction will get a visa to travel to UK. This is another money making machine for the government.

I felt sorry for the man who fell from the 5th floor he could have died from the fall. I just hope that the world will become fair and people will not have to search for greener pastures in the West because the green as now become brown.

Also the man in Delhi who did not know Buckingham palace - he said it was Birmingham palace and that cost him dearly.