ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET LR-Further Documents Requested

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MilesFromHome
Newly Registered
Scotland

ILR SET LR-Further Documents Requested

Post by MilesFromHome » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:19 pm

My son's application for ILR was submitted via the UKVCAS app. We received an email a few days ago asking for further documentation to be mailed in. However, there was no address included where we should mail the documents. It only said to send them guaranteed next day delivery and to respond to a different email given. See text from the email below:

"We are considering your application and need further information. This information is being requested under paragraph 245AA(b) of the Immigration Rules. Please provide the following original documents within 10 working days of the date of this request:

Copies of your passports, specifically showing the pages containing visa/stamp endorsements. This is required so we can verify the absences declared on the application form.

If we do not receive anything by this deadline we will make a decision on the information we have. No extensions to this deadline will be given. We recommend that you send the requested documents by guaranteed next day delivery to ensure they arrive in time.

You must send your response to:

LivsetAAHub@homeoffice.gov.uk"

I cannot speak to a representative at the UKVI contact centre (#0300 790 6268) because the application is not outside the published time frame. All the recording said was that someone would contact me if they needed further information.

I emailed the home office on the above email two days ago but did not get any response. I only have 10 days to get the additional documents in, as the email states.

Does anyone know what address I should use to submit the documents? Would it be any good to contact UKVCAS? All help is very much appreciate!

Kind regards,
MilesFromHome

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET LR-Further Documents Requested

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Just want to clarify that it was a Set LR application?
You only need to send them scanned copies to the email address provided, that is sufficient. If you want to send physical copies, use the below address (from this recent thread, use can use that for reference: indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-rou ... 87-20.html)

Permanent Migration
Department 84
Blue Zone, Level 5
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

P.S: What was your date of the Set LR application? Also is that the actual email address that was in the email or have you changed it while posting on here?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

MilesFromHome
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by MilesFromHome » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:47 pm

Thank you for that information. That is excellent!

Yes, it was a Set LR application. It was submitted on 10 September.

Yes, that is the actual email address that was in the email.

Much appreciate the help!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:52 pm

MilesFromHome wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:47 pm
Thank you for that information. That is excellent!

Yes, it was a Set LR application. It was submitted on 10 September.

Yes, that is the actual email address that was in the email.

Much appreciate the help!
You're most welcome! Thank you for providing all the clarifications! If I may be cheeky and request 1 more thing. I see from your post history that you have made several Set LR applications. Would mind please updating the Set LR timeline thread with all the relevant details for all the applications?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

MilesFromHome
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by MilesFromHome » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:56 am

I would be happy to post timelines when I am able. We are still waiting to hear on one application submitted.

Related to all our applications made, I wonder if you might be able to help me with another issue. Very sadly my husband passed away on 8 November 2020. His was one of the applications we were waiting on and it was not approved before he passed. Supposedly the Home Office needed further documentation for him (I forgot to scan all pages of his passports), but we did not receive an email asking for that, but did receive a phone call from the Home Office a week before he passed asking for the scans. I spoke with a Mr xxxxx(I believe) and told him of my husband condition and asked for his recommendation. He said he would phone the next day, but I still have not heard from him.

Do you know if it is possible to withdraw my husband's application and be refunded fees paid? This is obviously not what we planned so I am not even sure where to look to ask such a question.

Thank you again for your help.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:04 pm

Thank you for being willing to update the timeline thread.

I am so sorry to hear. My sincere condolences. Normally applications can be withdrawn but WITHOUT a refund if the biometrics have already been submitted. The Home Office MAY be willing due to exceptional circumstances through discretion but I have not read/heard of this happening. Maybe some others on this forum can help with concrete feedback.
In the meantime, I would suggest sending a note in the same email you will send your documents to, separately clarifying the situation with his application number is and asking what can be done. You can also try calling UKVI (though I doubt much will come off this as it is just a third party call centre). You may also contact your local MP who could assist you with this.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Just adding to my previous post. I would suggest starting at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa as well as contacting the caseworker through the email address you have. I would suggest doing this ASAP as once they make a decision, this will (most likely) not work. Just a note to confirm (after looking through your post history) each member of the family made Set LR applications right?