ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a salaried Employee overtime counted to meet the Financial requirement for Spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monmari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is a salaried Employee overtime counted to meet the Financial requirement for Spouse visa

Post by Monmari » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:34 am

Hello house I am very confused. I need help. I am battling to meet the financial requirement of £18600. I am under a fixed salary of £17990. Every month I get paid £1449 . I have been working many overtime and nite shifts. And my fixed salary is added to my overtime which increases my monthly pay. My office pple wrote that I do work overtime. Pls will home office accept it?

Is a salaried Employee overtime counted to meet the Financial requirement for Spouse visa? Pls I will appreciate responses. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is a salaried Employee overtime counted to meet the Financial requirement for Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:00 am

Monmari wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:34 am
Hello house I am very confused. I need help. I am battling to meet the financial requirement of £18600. I am under a fixed salary of £17990. Every month I get paid £1449 . I have been working many overtime and nite shifts. And my fixed salary is added to my overtime which increases my monthly pay. My office pple wrote that I do work overtime. Pls will home office accept it?

Is a salaried Employee overtime counted to meet the Financial requirement for Spouse visa? Pls I will appreciate responses. Thank you
Be glad to know that all your above queries have the answer in positive. Since you are a salaried person so the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months will be considered followed by the annualised average of your overtime would be added back to it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is a salaried Employee overtime counted to meet the Financial requirement for Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:03 am

Read through the following guidance to learn about it in full depth:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... a8VCfDfJBU
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Monmari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Monmari » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:08 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:03 am
Read through the following guidance to learn about it in full depth:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... a8VCfDfJBU
Thank you very much for the time and response.
I just went through my payslips again and find out I have one one lowest salary in August which is £1000 instead of the normal £1499 I received. The reason for the £1000 is that I missed some days shifts.

Moreso I found out that I do more of duty pay than overtime. The duty pay is the money I get paid doing my special duty assigment. I work in the hospital with the disable, so atimes I do special duty and the money gets pay to me. So my fixed pay+ duty pay+ overtime is added to get the gross.

My concern now is to confirm if home office accepts special duty pay to meet the financial requirement?? In my contract letter, it is stated that I do special duty and overtime.

I will appreciate if you can let me know if Home office accept special duty.
Thank you

Monmari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Monmari » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:15 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:00 am
Monmari wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:34 am

Be glad to know that all your above queries have the answer in positive. Since you are a salaried person so the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months will be considered followed by the annualised average of your overtime would be added back to it.
Thank you very much for the time and response.
I just went through my payslips again and find out I have one one lowest salary in August which is £1000 instead of the normal £1499 I received. The reason for the £1000 is that I missed some days shifts.

Moreso I found out that I do more of duty pay than overtime. The duty pay is the money I get paid doing my special duty assigment. I work in the hospital with the disable, so atimes I do special duty and the money gets pay to me. So my fixed pay+ duty pay+ overtime is added to get the gross.

My concern now is to confirm if home office accepts special duty pay to meet the financial requirement?? In my contract letter, it is stated that I do special duty and overtime.

Note:- my overtime is not much to cover the financial requirement but I have many special duty pay. Also my fixed anual salary is £17,499 but in the month of August I have a low salary of £1000. If I am to calculate the lowest salary it will fall down to £12000. (So sad)
So if I add my 3months overtime it will not be enough. Expect I include my special duty pay.
Please kindly assist. I don't wanted refusal, already I have spent a lot and the distance relationship is killing me. Kindly assist

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:08 am

Monmari wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:08 am

Thank you
Yes it (special duty pay) would be accepted which most likely be varying each month, hence will be classified as none-salaried income likewise an overtime/bonuses etc.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:15 am

Monmari wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:15 am

Note:- my overtime is not much to cover the financial requirement but I have many special duty pay. Also my fixed anual salary is £17,499 but in the month of August I have a low salary of £1000. If I am to calculate the lowest salary it will fall down to £12000. (So sad)
So if I add my 3months overtime it will not be enough. Expect I include my special duty pay.
Please kindly assist. I don't wanted refusal, already I have spent a lot and the distance relationship is killing me. Kindly assist

Thank you
If you have cash savings/rental income or other sources of income then may plug it to cover the shortfall otherwise either start undertaking excessive overtime or apply in Feb/Mar (Sep - Feb) by maintaining the sufficient level of income.

Monmari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Monmari » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:04 am

ASSISTANCE ON PAYSLIP WITH LOWEST SALARY
I just found out that one of my payslip I got a low salary (£1000) bc I was sick, I didn't do the shifts but my company paid the sick pay sperately, it was not added to my fixed salary. They stated it as sick paid and put the amount on the bottom on the payslip. When I calculated it I found out that is the same amount I suppose to get paid every month for my fixed salary that is £1499. So can I explain to home office and tell them that the reduction in the payslip is bc I was sick but my office paid me the sick pay sperately. I don't want them to take the salary as lowest and do their calculation, bc I got paid the sick pay as stated in my payslip. I wanted to attached the pay slip but no attachment button found. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:43 am

Monmari wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:04 am
I just found out that one of my payslip I got a low salary (£1000) bc I was sick, I didn't do the shifts but my company paid the sick pay sperately, it was not added to my fixed salary. They stated it as sick paid and put the amount on the bottom on the payslip. When I calculated it I found out that is the same amount I suppose to get paid every month for my fixed salary that is £1499. So can I explain to home office and tell them that the reduction in the payslip is bc I was sick but my office paid me the sick pay sperately. I don't want them to take the salary as lowest and do their calculation, bc I got paid the sick pay as stated in my payslip. I wanted to attached the pay slip but no attachment button found. Thank you
Yes sick pay will be the part of your normal wages in that case. You can clarify it on your covering letter.

Monmari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Monmari » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:31 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:43 am
Monmari wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:04 am
Yes sick pay will be the part of your normal wages in that case. You can clarify it on your covering letter.
Thank you