ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful EEA family permit for extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andes66
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Successful EEA family permit for extended family member

Post by andes66 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Hello everyone

I am spouse (at the time of the application I had a Non-EU passport) of an EU citizen with settled status in the UK.

I would like to share the process of our successful EEA family permit application for my sibling (extended family member)

Type of Visa applied for: EEA family permit : Extended family member
Date of application: June 2020
Date of biometrics: August 2020
several enquiries with the Home Office September / October 20
Mid November : Complained to local MP
First week December : obtained the EEA family permit

Documents

Checklist
1) Applicant: Sibling’s ( Non-EU Extended family member) passports

2) Evidence of Sponsor’s EEA nationality : Sponsor (EU citizen)’s passport and EU Settled status

3) Sibling/Applicant’s Birth certificate and my birth certificate as evidence of relationship (includes name of our parents)

4) Marriage certificate of EEA national
our marriage certificate

5) Evidence of EEA national’s work and income in the UK:
Contract of employment , latest 6 months’ payslips, latest 6 months joint bank statements, P60_two years,

6) Evidence of My (Non-EU spouse) income
Same as above

7) Proof of Sponsor’s address in the UK:
Water and Electricity bill (six months), Council Tax (last three years) , Bank statements and P60s/wage slips as attached above.

8) Confirmation of Applicant’s financial dependence (confirmation of bank transfers, money transfers, etc.) Sponsor (EU citizen)’s Bank statements and Proof of transfer

9) Evidence of my sibling's expenditure in country of residence: Bank statements and available expenditure Receipts

10) Statements from few friends and family confirming that Applicant (my sibling) is financially dependent on sponsor (EU citizen), together with copies of passports of each friend/family member

11) Proof of emotional support : Logs of Email exchanges and Phone call logs downloaded from whatsapp

As many of the members pointed out early : the process takes time and on several occasions we felt despondent but it is vital to stay hopeful and have patience.........

All the very best

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Successful EEA family permit for extended family member

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.