ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Panic mode- did i mess up by applying 4 days too early HELP!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Subgan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Panic mode- did i mess up by applying 4 days too early HELP!!

Post by Subgan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:27 am

Hello,

I am really stressed that I just made a big blunder. I am on the 5-year route to ILR and currently on my first FLR (M) which is due to expire on the 7th of Jan, 2021. It was granted on the 7th of July, 2018. I am a new mom with an active baby who completely consumes my day and time. I usually am meticulous about researching stuff but this time i rushed with my application (probably as i finally managed to get some free time while baby was asleep) and ended up applying for the extension online and paid the fees today. Just realised that is 4 days too early than the recommended "apply no earlier than 28 days before expiry of visa." I should have applied online on 10th of Dec, 2020 or after. Have i completely messed up?? Am i going to be in big trouble when it comes to meeting the 60 month eligibility critera for ILR? What should i do now? I haven't yet booked the appointment for biometrics (i have apparanetly until 4th of February to submit bio). Should i cancel my application and re-apply (losing all my money) or am i ok to go ahead? Should i book my appointment as late as possible to meet the 60 month critera. So confused and in complete panic mode :( :( . Any help and advise to a tired mommy will be very very appreciated. Please help!

vinny

Re: FLR (M) Panic mode- did i mess up by applying 4 days too early HELP!!

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:57 am

Don't panic! Extensions in general do not have a qualifying period, so you cannot be refused due to an early extension application. In particular, see also D-LTRP.

Make and attend a biometrics appointment, probably later rather than sooner, but in-time.

By the time they get to consider the decision, probably enough time may have passed, so that you need not apply for another extension prior to ILR. Moreover, they should also add on extra days for you. Complain to the caseworker, if they forget.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 am

And with the current delays in getting decisions, you'll be more than ok. A difference of few days as in this case won't matter at all.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:01 am

Subgan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:27 am
What should i do now?
Subgan wrote:
I haven't yet booked the appointment for biometrics (i have apparanetly until 4th of February to submit bio).
A small portion of your post (highlighted) already got the quick fix. Simply prolong your biometrics which in theory is allowed for 2 months but if these will again be delayed (ideally don't do it as you wouldn't need) then most likely won't be enforceable during the current ominous time. Remember, that your new leave will be granted from the day when the decision will be made instead from date of application which obviously would be after the date of biometrics. By following that there wouldn't be any shortfall arise over qualifying period for ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Subgan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Subgan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am

OMG! Thank you all so much Pheww!! I am so relieved to hear this. You folks are angels! :D

Ok, so I will book the appointment for biometrics closer to the expiry date of my current BRP. A couple of other bits to clarify:
1) I read somewhere that supporting documents cannot be older than 28 days and not dated later than the date of application. If I can upload digital documents like online bank statements how can these be no later than 28 days old? I mean i can simply log in and download these from my online personal banking for previous months. The statements won't state anywhere a date they were downloaded or issued by the bank for that matter. It simply states the month the statement pertains to for example " 10 Nov, 2020". I bak with Barclays.

2) I was on maternity leave until 21st July 2020 getting SMP (stautory maternity pay) so on only have full normal salary from 22nd July onwards. So i can only show normal full payslips for 5.5 months. So to show 6 months payslip should i go back to pre-maternity leave months? So produce payslips from say July 2019 to Sep 2019 (when i was'nt on mat leave) and then again from Aug 2020 to Nov 2020.

Thanks for the advise!

Subgan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Subgan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:42 am

Korekt wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 am
And with the current delays in getting decisions, you'll be more than ok. A difference of few days as in this case won't matter at all.

Thank you ever so much. You guys just stopped me from getting a heart attack! :lol:

Subgan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Subgan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:44 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:01 am
Subgan wrote:
What should i do now?
Subgan wrote:
I haven't yet booked the appointment for biometrics (i have apparanetly until 4th of February to submit bio).
A small portion of your post (highlighted) already got the quick fix. Simply prolong your biometrics which in theory is allowed for 2 months but if these will again be delayed (ideally don't do it as you wouldn't need) then most likely won't be enforceable during the current ominous time. Remember, that your new leave will be granted from the day when the decision will be made instead from date of application which obviously would be after the date of biometrics. By following that there wouldn't be any shortfall arise over qualifying period for ILR.

OMG! Thank you all so much Pheww!! I am so relieved to hear this. You folks are angels! :D

Ok, so I will book the appointment for biometrics closer to the expiry date of my current BRP. A couple of other bits to clarify:
1) I read somewhere that supporting documents cannot be older than 28 days and not dated later than the date of application. If I can upload digital documents like online bank statements how can these be no later than 28 days old? I mean I can simply log in and download these from my online personal banking for previous months. The statements won't state anywhere a date they were downloaded or issued by the bank for that matter. It simply states the month the statement pertains to for example " 10 Nov 2020". I bak with Barclays.

2) I was on maternity leave until 21st July 2020 getting SMP (statutory maternity pay) so on only have full normal salary from 22nd July onwards. So I can only show normal full payslips for 5.5 months. So to show 6 months payslip should I go back to pre-maternity leave months? So produce payslips from say July 2019 to Sep 2019 (when I wasn't on mat leave) and then again from Aug 2020 to Nov 2020.

Thanks for the advice!

Subgan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Subgan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:54 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:57 am
Don't panic! Extensions in general do not have a qualifying period, so you cannot be refused due to an early extension application. In particular, see also D-LTRP.

Make and attend a biometrics appointment, probably later rather than sooner, but in-time.

By the time they get to consider the decision, probably enough time may have passed, so that you need not apply for another extension prior to ILR. Moreover, they should also add on extra days for you. Complain to the caseworker, if they forget.
Thank you Vinny. this is very helpful indeed. These extra does should then cover me when i apply for ILR. But i guess i will only get to know this once i get the new BRP card? So, i technically can "complain" to caseworker after the decision is made and card issued?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 am

Subgan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:34 am

1) I read somewhere that supporting documents cannot be older than 28 days and not dated later than the date of application. If I can upload digital documents like online bank statements how can these be no later than 28 days old? I mean i can simply log in and download these from my online personal banking for previous months. The statements won't state anywhere a date they were downloaded or issued by the bank for that matter. It simply states the month the statement pertains to for example " 10 Nov, 2020". I bak with Barclays. It means you should upload such statements from the date of your application submission backwards, nothing dated after your application was submitted. The transactions that are valid for consideration in this case income shall be till the date of submission and payment.

2) I was on maternity leave until 21st July 2020 getting SMP (stautory maternity pay) so on only have full normal salary from 22nd July onwards. So i can only show normal full payslips for 5.5 months. So to show 6 months payslip should i go back to pre-maternity leave months? So produce payslips from say July 2019 to Sep 2019 (when i was'nt on mat leave) and then again from Aug 2020 to Nov 2020. You do not need to go back, the period of maternity leave is advantageous to you.

https://www.migrate.org.uk/maternity-pa ... k-uk-visa/

Thanks for the advise!