ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job change during ILR process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pshanbhag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Job change during ILR process

Post by pshanbhag » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi,

I gave my biometrics on 20th Oct 2020 and still waiting for a decision. In the meantime I got offered another job. Can I resign my current with whom I have tier II and join another job when my ILR is getting processed? What are my options? I really don’t want to miss this opportunity. Please help- I am very anxious

srsw

Re: Job change during ILR process

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:13 pm

Highly risky as your ILR application could be rejected if current employer reports your resignation to ukvi while your application is under process.

Best to wait until you get your ILR approval & then change job.

Try to negotiate with new employer to give you more time to accept the offer.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:16 pm

pshanbhag wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:00 pm
Hi,

I gave my biometrics on 20th Oct 2020 and still waiting for a decision. In the meantime I got offered another job. Can I resign my current with whom I have tier II and join another job when my ILR is getting processed? What are my options? I really don’t want to miss this opportunity. Please help- I am very anxious
While an IPR application is pending, your existing tier 2 visa conditions continue. You cannot work for anyone else other than your tier 2 sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pshanbhag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pshanbhag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Thank you for your response 🙏

pshanbhag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pshanbhag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Please can you also help me answer the following-
Is there a way to find out where my application is in the process? How long is the wait? It’s been 7 weeks since my application

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 pm

pshanbhag wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 pm
Please can you also help me answer the following-
Is there a way to find out where my application is in the process? How long is the wait? It’s been 7 weeks since my application
Follow this for similar queries.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 99639.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.