ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay on Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Delay on Spouse Visa

Post by ElyseRachael » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Good afternoon,

I have been waiting on my spouse visa since I submitted all the supporting documents in January of this year. I got an email on April 2nd saying "Due to operational constraints relating to COVID-19 we have been unable to process your application within service standard." which I completely understand, but I got a little more concerned when I still didn't get anything by mid-June, so I replied to the email and asked for an update. I reviewed the following "Thank you for your email regarding your application for Leave to Remain in the UK, I am pleased to inform you that a decision has been made on your Immigration Application and you will receive a letter in due course." I was relieved and checked the mail and my email thoroughly for the next several weeks hoping something would come through, but it's now December and I still have nothing. I cannot get a job, I cannot go to the doctor, etc.
I finally got someone on the phone at the immigration office today only to find out I have to write a letter and send it by post to the Home Office to find out what is going on.
I followed all the steps and paid all the fees, I can't understand why it is taking so long when they have made a decision. I understand that COVID-19 has slowed everything down, but I didn't expect it to be this long. I'm now starting to wonder if my letter is lost in the mail or if someone else has received it and is in the process of or has stolen my identity.
Is anyone else in limbo like me? Am I being paranoid?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Delay on Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:27 pm

Worth trying your local MP who might be able to disinter the whereabout of your case.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:50 am

Also, consider making a complaint.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:50 am
I don't want to take it that far just yet and possibly make the situation worse than it already is, but who would I complain to?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Do click on the link.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:38 pm
Do click on the link.
Oh, I didn't realize it was a link you could click on. Thank you very much! My husband and I are going to write to our MP first and then if we still can't get an update, we will make a complaint. I just don't want an altercation if it's not necessary. I've just been waiting a long time and it's stressing me out because I can't do anything or apply for much without it. I can't even go back to visit my family in the states and it's been well over a year since I've seen them. :(

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 pm

The Home Office is used to complaints :) . It will have no effect on your application.

It's your choice however. You can proceed with what you've outlined.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:41 am

Korekt wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:50 am
This is good advice. CW usually responds quick after an official complaint is lodged as it is dealt by a different department within HO. Given more than 6 months lapse (in fact almost a year now), you are well within your rights to escalate the matter officially.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:14 pm

UPDATE: Today, I FINALLY received my BRP! After over a year of waiting and several emails to the Immigration Services, I contacted my MP who again, left me hanging, so I finally made a complaint and less than a week later, it arrived! Thank you so much for all your suggestions and help. I am so relieved! :mrgreen:

Alicat12311
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alicat12311 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 am

I've been waiting for my spouse visa since September 2020, its been 6 months, I've sent a complaint and contacted my MP. Its really frustrating that it's beyond the time limit.