ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your advice pls!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lincoln07
Newly Registered

Need your advice pls!

Post by lincoln07 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi there, what advice do u have for an illegal immigrant who's a spouce of an eu citizen exercising her treaty in the Uk as a worker? Is it possible to get marry in the the church of England and then put in application for the Eu card for my partner, or making the application under the EU treaty(cohabitant).thank you very much..

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Hello lincoln,

What is your status in the UK?

lincoln07
Newly Registered

hi

Post by lincoln07 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:25 pm

i am an EU citizen workin in the Uk and my bf's an illegal immigrant from africa

Patience

Re: hi

Post by Patience » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:23 am

lincoln07 wrote:i am an EU citizen workin in the Uk and my bf's an illegal immigrant from africa
Just travel with him to Africa.Get married there and return.You will not believe how easy and smooth it will go.

I can assist with some tips on how to go about it.

lincoln07
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by lincoln07 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:07 pm

hi patience, i am scared about the law that they said's comin up in two weeks, that an illegal applicant would not be able to apply from their own country unntil after a year they had left the uk. This realy worries me as i dont want to loose him. So it's not possible for him to apply for the EU family card as my partner after d marriage in the Uk? iam confused! pls help thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:44 pm

There is no automatic ban for spouse and family applications.

lincoln07
Newly Registered

hello

Post by lincoln07 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:58 pm

hi, what do you mean by no automatic ban for spouse and family application, pls explain. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:01 am

The ban doesn't apply for spouse visa applications. However, has he acted fraudulently in way while he was here. False passport, name etc. If so, they can refuse his spouse visa for this alone.

lincoln07
Newly Registered

hi

Post by lincoln07 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:02 pm

No, hes using his original name,he's even studyin at the moment but hes just unfortunate to be here illegally.he's a very honest man... could you please let me kno the tips or the reequirments to be successful in our application for the visa,if we decide to go to his country, and how long does the process take? thanks so much

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:24 pm

What nationality does he have? And what's your nationality? It may be possible to apply for an EEA permit after marriage in the UK (unlike a Spouse visa under UK law), but you need confirmation of this.
If you apply for a COA it will alert the authorities. Do you both attend a Church of England?

Patience

Re: thanks

Post by Patience » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 pm

lincoln07 wrote:hi patience, i am scared about the law that they said's comin up in two weeks, that an illegal applicant would not be able to apply from their own country unntil after a year they had left the uk. This realy worries me as i dont want to loose him. So it's not possible for him to apply for the EU family card as my partner after d marriage in the Uk? iam confused! pls help thanks
You can apply if you wish.However you will have a better chance going home and returning on your own expense.

It sounds scary but you stand the best chance that way.

lincoln07
Newly Registered

hi

Post by lincoln07 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 pm

i am a portuguese and hes from nigeria..yes we both go to the church of england thanks

Patience

Re: hi

Post by Patience » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:42 am

lincoln07 wrote:i am a portuguese and hes from nigeria..yes we both go to the church of england thanks
Since when did you attend the COE? You can approach your priest and announce you plan to get married.He can get along with it without asking for a COA.He can also ask for a COA.(Some Priests claim they need it even though the law states they don't)If you are lucky and he does not, then you can get married.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:14 pm

lincoln07 wrote:we've been goin to the church since last month...has it got anythin to do with the marriage? thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:30 am

Not many Portuguese Protestants are there? So that just might point to the reason for going to church might not be entirely about religious belief?

It is up to the individual minister to allow any marriage in their church. One or two have been seen to positively support illegal’s right to become married and as a result some of the Bishops have expressed concern at the practice. Bishops are effectively the bosses of ministers in their dioceses they can exert a considerable influence on the matter. Although not a stated policy less and less ministers are accepting marriages in their churches involving overseas parishioners unless there are long standing links to the church. That is why some ministers are asking for COA, it is a nice way of saying sorry can not do the marriage without any confrontation.

This is an extract from the CoE website

Q. What happens if one of us is a foreign national?

A/ If one is a national of a country outside Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the EU or USA The Church has a responsibility to conduct marriages which will be recognised in the country the bride or groom comes from. This is done for the couple’s benefit not just for bureaucracy. Therefore, the Faculty Office strongly recommends that these marriages should be done by Common Licence rather than banns and some dioceses ask the person to obtain from the relevant embassy or consulate a letter saying their marriage will be recognised.