ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Tier 2 General route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sagark27
Newly Registered
India

Set(O) Tier 2 to ILR queries-need quick response

Post by sagark27 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and can't find an option to post a new topic, hence adding a reply here for help with a question.

Scenario:
  • Applying for ILR via Tier 2 General route.
  • Date of application - 25-09-2020
  • I have an appointment booked on 16-10-2020
  • Planning on getting bank statement from HSBC when it will generates on 9th Oct 2020
  • I am a bit confused on the line where it says: bank statement be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application
Question:
  • My HSBC bank statement generates on 9th of every month, would this be OK to submit as it will be taken after the date of the application which is 25-09-2020?
Thank you in advance.
Sagar

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set(O) Tier 2 to ILR queries-need quick response

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:53 am

Date of the application is the date you submitted online. Your documents will be based on that date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:24 am

sagark27 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 pm
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and can't find an option to post a new topic, hence adding a reply here for help with a question.

Scenario:
  • Applying for ILR via Tier 2 General route.
  • Date of application - 25-09-2020
  • I have an appointment booked on 16-10-2020
  • Planning on getting bank statement from HSBC when it will generates on 9th Oct 2020
  • I am a bit confused on the line where it says: bank statement be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application
Question:
  • My HSBC bank statement generates on 9th of every month, would this be OK to submit as it will be taken after the date of the application which is 25-09-2020?
Succinctly put, the October statement is dated after the application submission date and will therefore not meet the criteria if you already submitted application on 25th Sept., 2020

Thank you in advance.
Sagar

sagark27
Newly Registered
India

Post by sagark27 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:46 am

Thanks for the response guys.

Should I cancel my current application and resubimt when I have all the documents dated before the submission date?

Thanks
Sagar

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 am

sagark27 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:46 am
Thanks for the response guys.

Should I cancel my current application and resubimt when I have all the documents dated before the submission date?

Thanks
Sagar
That may be the way to go. Do note
1. That you have valid leave till next submission
2. While some get refund automatically others may need to chase HO to get refund.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

sagark27
Newly Registered
India

Post by sagark27 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I have just spoken to a registed immigration adviser, and they said its fine to provide a bank statement taken after the date of application as long as it has the entry of the payslip before the date of application
In my case, the statement will have an entry of my payslip dated 25-09-2020.

so confused now.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 pm

sagark27
Newly Registered
India

Post by sagark27 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:57 pm

asap8 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 pm
Please read this
indefinite-leave-to-remain/bank-stateme ... 72856.html
Thanks, that was helpful. I will contact the main adviser again when she back at work on Monday to make sure there won't be any issues with it.

Will update here if this thread still open.

Cheers

sagark27
Newly Registered
India

ILR via Tier 2 General route

Post by sagark27 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi guys,

I would just like to share my experience with the ILR.
  1. I arrived and started working in the UK in Oct 2015 on Tier 2 General visa (3 yr)
  2. My company then became LLP in 2016 and I was part of it. When you are part of LLP, you won't get P60, instead, you will have to submit a tax return.
  3. I renewed my Tier 2 visa in Aug 2018
  4. My current company merged with another company to form a joined company with a new name.
  5. I was then transferred to the new company. (very lengthy and expensive process for the company)
  6. Applied for ILR in Sep 2020 with Standard application of fees approx £2400
  7. Attended biometric appointment on Nov 2020
  8. Got my application approved at the end of Nov 2020.
  9. BRP received by post in few days. :)
Some bits of advice:
  • Don't worry if you don't have P60s, go to the HMRC website, create an account if you don't already have one, take a screenshot of your tax details, attach it with your application.
    Note: P60 or tax info is not a mandatory requirement for the application.
  • For English: You either need a B1 or UKNARIC Degree and English assessment.
  • Life in the UK Test: This is a very simple test, just buy an official book/pdf to study and you will be fine.
  • Make sure you have employer letters: (1) That they still want you for Job. (2) Absences from the UK confirmed by the employer.
  • If you are with HSBC: The statement from the online account is perfectly fine, that's what I submitted.
  • If you are in doubt or have any concerns regarding your situation then do not hesitate to seek help from a good immigration adviser, it's totally worth it.
    You can find the list of registered advisers on the link-https://home.oisc.gov.uk/adviser_finder/finder.aspx

Be advised there are a lot of greedy advisers out there who are just there to rip people off like https://iasservices.org.uk/ so choose wisely.
Thanks.

sagark27
Newly Registered
India

Post by sagark27 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:19 pm

I went ahead with my application using a Bank statement that was generated after the submitted date of application. As the Statement had the entry of my recent Salary there wasn't an issue with it.
ILR was granted last week :)

Thanks for the responses here.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:03 am

sagark27 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:19 pm
I went ahead with my application using a Bank statement that was generated after the submitted date of application. As the Statement had the entry of my recent Salary there wasn't an issue with it.
ILR was granted last week :)

Thanks for the responses here.
Congratulations, more knowledge on the date for financial evidence gained