ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying as self sufficient for EEA1 and EEA2 -please advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neko
Newly Registered

Applying as self sufficient for EEA1 and EEA2 -please advice

Post by neko » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Hello everybody!

I'd like to report that I and my husband's back to London finally! after stuck in Italy for 2years.

My EEA Family Permit was refused in Tokyo 2years ago, because of my overstaying and suspicion of "marriage of convenience",
but it's clear now, and I received 6months EEA in 5days without a interview! in Rome in April.

My visa is going to expire soon, but we came back to London in August ,
we have to rush to prepare our documents!, and I need some advise again, please!

I'm applying for EEA2 this time, and EEA1 for my Italian husband.
but, is it necessary for him to apply EEA1?

He is applying as self sufficient at the moment considering he has some savings in italian bank account and is trying to set up an Online business but is not ready to register for self employment yet, it's not enough for living but it is a source of income,also he is looking for a full time job as well but this is taking long and we need to apply by the end of September (28 sep.).
As long as he has some money, this is not a problem is it?
and can he send a letter from his employer to the Home Office, when he find the job?

I heard that EEA visa takes at least 6months! so, the time they go through our applications, they might ask extra documents and take more time..... this is my paranoia!!

Suspicion of "marriage of convenience" was clear, what do they want to know this time?
Do they want to know that we are capable of living without benefit?

Could you help us to get rid of our paranoia??

Thank you.

Neko

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:35 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

neko
Newly Registered

Post by neko » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:07 pm

See also Permanent Residence Qualifying Period For EEA National
thanks for the link vinny it gave us a lot of informations but created new doubts..

what i'm puzzled with is:

if i apply for self sufficient and i quickly find a job and send the proofs of employment to HO would this switch me automaticly from self sufficient to worker ?

atenolol
Newly Registered

Post by atenolol » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 am

What reasons did they give for suspecting a "marriage of convenience" in the first application, if you don't mind me asking??