ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Tier 2 migrant needs to leave the UK asap after birth of child in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aman1990
Newly Registered
India

Indian Tier 2 migrant needs to leave the UK asap after birth of child in the UK

Post by aman1990 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi

I have a tier 2 migrant visa and my wife has a tier 2 dependent visa. We just had a baby in the UK and would like to leave the UK asap with no intention to return (new job outside UK). However, we are wary of any risks to being denied tourism/business visas in the future.

1. Would we qualify for tatkal scheme for passport or an emergency travel doc for the newborn ? Whats the quickest route assuming I can convince the embassy that as per UK rules, I need to leave the country within 60 days of my last day of employment and therefore need a passport for the baby asap

2. Do we need to apply for a BRP for the child before we leave the UK ? (We do not intend to return to the UK) Can the baby leave the UK with a passport but without a BRP ? Or on an emergency travel doc but no BRP ?

3. Any law firms you can recommend that could help us with this ?

Thanks a lot.

Aman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Indian Tier 2 migrant needs to leave the UK asap after birth of child in the UK

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:08 pm

It is totally your choice if you want to leave UK voluntarily (before current visa expiry so you are not overstayers)

For your child to travel, obviously he/she needs a passport. You need to apply for your home country’s passport and any visa required (if any) for the country you are moving to.

If you are moving back to your home country, the child can simply fly out of UK on home country’s passport.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

srsw

Re: Indian Tier 2 migrant needs to leave the UK asap after birth of child in the UK

Post by srsw » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Reach out to Indian Embassy for help (try Twitter for quicker response), but start the birth registration process, followed by Tatkal process for Indian passport.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:52 am

aman1990 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:43 pm

3. Any law firms you can recommend that could help us with this ?

Nobody can recommend it under the board's t & c, and also it would be totally pointless to hire one of these in above circumstances.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.