ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debt and appeared in court in 2014

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Londoner8881
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Debt and appeared in court in 2014

Post by Londoner8881 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Hello to all the gurus and members I have applied for neutralisation and I have my appointment for biometric in early January I have couple of queries plz ur advice is much appreciated

1: i have appeared in court and they gave 3 penalty points and 350fine for two inflated tyres in 2014 which is all clear now shall I mention these on a covering letter when I upload my documents ?

2: it’s almost 10 years now I use to have few credit cards which I couldn’t clear cause of health issues and lost my job that time now I checked my credit report it’s all clear it’s not showing any CCJ’s or anything .... but sometime I get a letter from a recovery agency asking me to settle one of my card but even that stops almost a year now so plz advise me do I need to mention these many thanks !!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Debt and appeared in court in 2014

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Londoner8881 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:14 pm
Hello to all the gurus and members I have applied for neutralisation and I have my appointment for biometric in early January I have couple of queries plz ur advice is much appreciated

1: i have appeared in court and they gave 3 penalty points and 350fine for two inflated tyres in 2014 which is all clear now shall I mention these on a covering letter when I upload my documents ?
You should have mentioned this in the form itself. You must mention this as this is a criminal conviction. Although this will have no impact as its more than 3 years old. Add in the cover letter

2: it’s almost 10 years now I use to have few credit cards which I couldn’t clear cause of health issues and lost my job that time now I checked my credit report it’s all clear it’s not showing any CCJ’s or anything .... but sometime I get a letter from a recovery agency asking me to settle one of my card but even that stops almost a year now so plz advise me do I need to mention these many thanks !!!
If you do not have any CCJ that means your lender has not taken you to court yet. So your fine as the matter is still between you and your lender which is a civil matter. If that ends up in a CCJ you will have to declare it and show that you are making payments towards it or already cleared it
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Londoner8881
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Londoner8881 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for ur prompt reply much appreciated so driving with inflated tyres is a criminal offence ? I am not aware of that so u reckon I have to mention on covering even though it was in way back in 2014 ? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:56 pm

Getting fined by court is equivalent to a criminal conviction yes. You would have to wait 3 years before applying for AN if it was latest. Since it is from 2014, your okay but you must declare it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Londoner8881
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Londoner8881 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Thank u so much for ur reply I will make sure to mention it many thanks 👍