ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required- Tier 1 general- Attributes -prev earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssn_jay
Newly Registered

Advice required- Tier 1 general- Attributes -prev earnings

Post by ssn_jay » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a UK visa through TIER 1 General migrant. I have got appointment confirmed from the Visa application center on Oct 17,2008.

I have a query regarding my points for Previous earnings(attributes).

I have claimed 40 points for the gross income [INR 618800 or £ 7546.3] earned by me from Oct-2007 to Sep-2008 and I would like to bring to your notice that I had a change in employment in Jan 2008. I have applied for resignation from the First employer on Dec 5,2007 and left the services on 4th Jan 2008. So the salary for Dec 2007 will not be reflected in the Dec 2007 pay slip but the Salary for Dec 2007 was paid as a part of Full & Final settlement in Jan 27,2008.

1) My query is SHALL I CLAIM EARNINGS FOR DEC 2007 WHICH IS NOT IN THE FORM OF PAYSLIP BUT AS FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT IN JAN 27, 2008?

If NO,

2) Then should i claim from Oct-2007 to Sep-2008 without claiming earnings for Dec 2007 ? or

3) I should claim only from Jan 2008 to Sept 2008?

Your advice will help me to a great extent in applying for the Visa.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Senthilnathan.S

Sweet.Marcus
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet.Marcus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 am

Senthil,

Don't worry too much about that ! If you have a good income, even 8 or 10 months bank statements/wage slips, could earn you points...May be 35 points, instead of 40...depending on the band.. Or if you would like to show 12 months, then mention in the covering letter that you had a change of emploment.. All the information provided should be transparent and simple..

Its all mentioned in the BIA website.. I am pasting a extract from the website ->

The period of earnings we will assess

Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must fall within the 15 months before your application.

You can claim points for a 12-month period outside of the 15-month period only in very limited circumstances. These are if you have been away from the workplace for a time during the last 12 months because of:

full-time study; or
a period of maternity or adoption-related absence.
You do not have to be in continuous employment during the 12-month period being assessed, so:

you can claim for a period of earnings less than 12 months; and
earnings do not have to be from a single employer and can be from full-time, part-time, temporary or short-term work.
If you claim for a period that is more than the 12 months, we will assess the most recent period of 12 months for which you have sent evidence.

sudhakart
Newly Registered

Same problem with me

Post by sudhakart » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:46 am

Hi

I also have the same problem. I have changed company in last 12 months.

In my case If I include all 12 months salary(including full and final settlement from my previous company) then only I will be qualify for Tier1.

Can I inlclude the full and final settlement salary also has my earnings?
Will it going to effect my EC.

Please advice me!

Sudhakar