ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusion for uploading documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

confusion for uploading documents

Post by Capri » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Respected gurus and members,
I am going to apply for naturalization just after 20th December, via completing 5 years (T1 entrepreneur), with my husband and 3 kids.
I am confused regarding uploading documents because I have lots lots of documents, and I am not sure which is unnecessary.
And for proof of living confused about 5 years or 10 years, also for kids I have requested from schools academic institutes and surgery, what else I can upload for them.
I am my own company director (employed in company taking salary), and registered with HMRC self employed as well, my husband is self employed, I tried to explain my confusion,
please advise me to upload correct documents for whole family.
Thanks
“If there is a good will, there is great way.” :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: confusion for uploading documents

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:37 pm

I am confused regarding uploading documents because I have lots lots of documents, and I am not sure which is unnecessary.
Why do you have "lots of documents"?? Naturalisation requires minimal documents. It is not an immigration application.
And for proof of living confused about 5 years or 10 years, also for kids I have requested from schools academic institutes and surgery, what else I can upload for them.
Passports only for proof of residence for 5 years only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Why do you have "lots of documents"?? Naturalisation requires minimal documents. It is not an immigration application.
Passports only for proof of residence for 5 years only.
Thanks for your reply CR001.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Dear CULLINAN,
I have posted my query in forum regarding confusion uploading required documents for citizenship application, need your suggestion either replying here or original post, if you do not mind, please give your documents list when you applied for BS.
thanks
Please keep all your future questions on the public forum instead of PM. Thank you.

How old are your 3 kids?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:56 pm
Dear CULLINAN,
I have posted my query in forum regarding confusion uploading required documents for citizenship application, need your suggestion either replying here or original post, if you do not mind, please give your documents list when you applied for BS.
thanks
Please keep all your future questions on the public forum instead of PM. Thank you.

How old are your 3 kids?
20,17 and 16

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:13 pm

OK. So you ALL can be in the same account.

You fill the form first. Once you fill yours, the same account will let you ADD family members. Add your partner as “partner” and then fill his form.

Then add your 18+ child as “Child 18+” and younger children (16,17) as “child below 18”
Choose the right categories when you fill their individual forms in the SAME account.

Note: All applications will be processed in their OWN merit. No one is a dependent for AN purpose. Everyone has to meet the requirements on their own.

Adults (you all have to meet the requirements individually)

1) Passport (s) and visa stamps covering 5 years - you must be physically present in the UK 5 years ago and meet the residence requirements. Not more than outside UK for more than 450 days in last 5 years and not more than outside UK in the last 12 months. Lets say you apply on 20/12/2020. You must be physically present in UK on 21/12/15.

2) ILR BRP

3) Life in UK

4) English Test B1 SELT/UK Degree

5) 2 Referees (as per adult requirements)

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

For Child 16 & 17.

1) Passport(s) covering last 5 years.

2) ILR BRP

3) Birth Certificate

4) Parent(s) consent letter

5) Parent(s) marriage certificate

6) 2 Referees (as per child requirements)
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Also, if anyone of the adults is currently self-employed, all you need to provide is the latest self-assessment tax return.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:13 pm
OK. So you ALL can be in the same account.

You fill the form first. Once you fill yours, the same account will let you ADD family members. Add your partner as “partner” and then fill his form.

Then add your 18+ child as “Child 18+” and younger children (16,17) as “child below 18”
Choose the right categories when you fill their individual forms in the SAME account.

Note: All applications will be processed in their OWN merit. No one is a dependent for AN purpose. Everyone has to meet the requirements on their own.

Adults (you all have to meet the requirements individually)

1) Passport (s) and visa stamps covering 5 years - you must be physically present in the UK 5 years ago and meet the residence requirements. Not more than outside UK for more than 450 days in last 5 years and not more than outside UK in the last 12 months. Lets say you apply on 20/12/2020. You must be physically present in UK on 21/12/15.

2) ILR BRP

3) Life in UK

4) English Test B1 SELT/UK Degree

5) 2 Referees (as per adult requirements)

For Child 16 & 17.

1) Passport(s) covering last 5 years.

2) ILR BRP

3) Birth Certificate

4) Parent(s) consent letter

5) Parent(s) marriage certificate

6) 2 Referees (as per child requirements)
Thank you very much

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 pm
Also, if anyone of the adults is currently self-employed, all you need to provide is the latest self-assessment tax return.
thank you very much

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: confusion regarding referee passport

Post by Capri » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm

One of my referee is my husband's accountant, is there any issue if his passport expired in November?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Capri wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm
One of my referee is my husband's accountant, is there any issue if his passport expired in November?
No issue.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Capri wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm
No issue.
thanks for reply.
Because one referee must be a professional, therefore our referee is accountant, for kids their teacher, my question that my daughter who is 20 now, her university is closed now, so the same teacher can be her referee, my daughter is her ex student, or our accountant is acceptable for her as a professional referee, as he knows our whole family?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Same accountant can be a referee for your daughter.

Your daughter who is 20 is an adult.

Arrange her referee as per the adult requirements.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:15 pm
Same accountant can be a referee for your daughter.

Your daughter who is 20 is an adult.

Arrange her referee as per the adult requirements.
thanks CULLINAN, will need your valuable opinions if I have any other question.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

work details

Post by Capri » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:06 pm

My daughter who is 20 and studying in university now, had worked for one year during her gape year, and at present doing part time(6-8 hours per week) within studies, also my son who is 17, doing part time (3-4 hours per week), so are these details must be given in form?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: work details

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Capri wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:06 pm
My daughter who is 20 and studying in university now, had worked for one year during her gape year, and at present doing part time(6-8 hours per week) within studies, also my son who is 17, doing part time (3-4 hours per week), so are these details must be given in form?
The online form asks for any employment in UK for the last 10 years (if any). Income/employed/unemployed does not matter. But if there is any employment you should declare it where the form asks.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:20 pm
Capri wrote:
The online form asks for any employment in UK for the last 10 years (if any). Income/employed/unemployed does not matter. But if there is any employment you should declare it where the form asks.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:20 pm
Capri wrote:
also many congratulations for your BC application approval, very happy for you, its all sorted now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you Capri. Good luck to you and family. Stick to the point and to the point documents. Happy to help.

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Thank you Capri. Good luck to you and family. Stick to the point and to the point documents. Happy to help.
thanks for wishing me luck, yes Insha Allah