ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If you were teacher in UK would u use an agency or not?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lynx
Newly Registered

If you were teacher in UK would u use an agency or not?

Post by lynx » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 am

Hello,
I am a music teacher qualified for England,for first time in UK with no experience in here,originaly from Romania.
Could this be better for me to use an agency or to look for a school?
I dont have NINO,CRB or self-employed(work permit) yet.
If tried to reach schools directly and they say to me I need CRB for having access in school.I told them I dont have it yet as I dont have an employer(school or agency)to do it for me.
I tried to get NINO card.I was answered I need an employer to apply for me.
I tried with self-employed.They notified me I first need to start work and after I need to apply for self-employed!
I have 2 bank accounts,stable adress,passaport,drivers licence as another ID,England qualification.
I dont longer know where to start,and who to talk to!
I need an wise advice from you.

Thanks

lynx

jayen
Newly Registered

Post by jayen » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:33 am

I am not exactly in the same situation, but I am in the US and work as a teacher and just recently acquired a job teaching in the UK (hence all the paperwork business and why I am here). I used an agency and got a job within 2 weeks (ACK! careful what you wish for, it could come almost too fast!).

I am registered with Bluewave and Timeplan and got my job through Timeplan. Both companies have been excellent to deal with.

However, I am doing this knowing the school I will be working for is less than "desirable". The more difficult the school - the more flexible they are with hiring non-nationals.

I dunno if that info helped....