ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport delivery - date changed by TNT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Passport delivery - date changed by TNT

Post by Frou01 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:17 pm

I would like others about their experiences with TNT.

On Friday my new passport was sent and it had the delivery date 14 December (today).
That has been convenient to me as it’s my day off.
However by checking this morning it has changed to the 15th.
I’m a bit worried they will keep delaying it to different dates.
Of course I won’t take off time from work to be at home on other days as that’s simply impossible.

My question is to others who have received their new passport if we need to be at home to receive the delivery or if the just put it through the letter box.
If not and if we need to collect it somewhere I’m worried I have no ID as they still have my other passport as well.

Also can anyone confirm how many changes in dates approximately they are doing until it will arrive?

Many thanks!

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Passport delivery - date changed by TNT

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Hello Frou01,

I don't have any answers, but I may have some interesting information about mine that can be used by others.

My documents were sent on 10/12/2020, scheduled to be delivered on 14/12/2020. So far they have delayed it twice and I am still waiting for it.

I am on west London. I am a programmer. Their tracking page operates by sending a request to their server with the postcode and the consignment number and getting back a text file encoded in JSON format. That file is then translated to a bulleted list that looks like this:

14/12/2020 03:35:34 - Driver Collection
14/12/2020 17:10:54 - Driver Delivery
15/12/2020 04:05:40 - Driver Collection
17/12/2020 03:34:35 - Driver Collection

What no one tells us is that these events in the file with that information are populated by some sort of computer scan and it stores longitude and latitude data for each scan being made. So I was able to extract the information on the address of the scans, like so:

14/12/2020 03:35:34 - Driver Collection @ 2 Thames Rd, Barking IG11 0HZ
14/12/2020 17:10:54 - Driver Delivery @ ####### Rd, Hammersmith, W6 ###
15/12/2020 04:05:40 - Driver Collection @ 2 Thames Rd, Barking IG11 0HZ
17/12/2020 03:34:35 - Driver Collection @ 2 Thames Rd, Barking IG11 0HZ

Turns out that there was a scan made, presumably by the driver, on Monday, 0.8 miles from my residence!

I think that TNT got the parcel on the 10th or so, transported to their depot on Barking, then scanned it (automatically?) on Monday morning. Then they put it in a vehicle for delivery. Driver for some reason turned back, logged some lousy excuse in their system and took the parcel back to Barking. The parcel went rhough another scan in the early morning and stayed there till the 17th, when it was scanned again for delivery.

Today is the 17th while I write this, so I'm expecting it to either be delivered or sent back to that place to further make me annoyed.

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:56 pm

"Until further notice TNT UK domestic non-conveyable shipments will experience a two-day transit time.TNT international economy shipments transiting domestic hubs may experience a delay.FedEx UK domestic and international shipments are not impacted."

Source: https://www.tnt.com/dam/tnt_campaign_me ... mpacts.pdf

Bulgaria

Post by 024601 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:17 pm
I would like others about their experiences with TNT.

On Friday my new passport was sent and it had the delivery date 14 December (today).
That has been convenient to me as it’s my day off.
However by checking this morning it has changed to the 15th.
I’m a bit worried they will keep delaying it to different dates.
Of course I won’t take off time from work to be at home on other days as that’s simply impossible.

My question is to others who have received their new passport if we need to be at home to receive the delivery or if the just put it through the letter box.
If not and if we need to collect it somewhere I’m worried I have no ID as they still have my other passport as well.

Also can anyone confirm how many changes in dates approximately they are doing until it will arrive?

Many thanks!
I don't know if my input would help but I had to be home both times even though the passport and documents could be easily slipped through the letter box. I live in a block of flats so I had to buzz the guy in but then he came and knocked on the door and my husband opened and the driver asked if I could come to the door so he can literally hand me my passport. Don't know if it's just a quirky driver or some sort of internal rule.

My dates didn't change but the site kept saying "picked up by driver" about 3-4 times during the day until it arrived to my door.

I think if you're not home, they leave a "sorry we missed you card" which has instructions on how to do a re-delivery.

Sorry if my input wasn't useful :oops:

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:26 am

Thanks for your reply.

The passport was actually delivered the next day.
So I have received it last Tuesday instead of Monday, not too bad. :)

They didn’t ring the bell btw, just threw it through the letter box.
Therefore I can say my experience with TNT was quite good in the end.

Good luck everyone! :D

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:28 am

I can see a few of you having some really bad experiences and I’m very sorry.

Hope your passport comes soon!!

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Okay, update:

I made a complaint on Friday, spent 1 hour listening to that awful music.

TNT delivered the passport today, with all supporting documents, in the same envelope. The envelope was ripped, by the way.

The delivery man knocked at the door and delivered to my wife, no signature required. The envelope is plain white. It was 11 days late. Very stressing waiting for it, I'm really glad it's finally over!

I don't know if my complaint had anything to do with this, but I suppose there's a chance, so I'd recommend calling them.

I don't know if the man would leave the envelope if there were no one home. I would suggest staying home.

coolsardi
Newly Registered
India

Post by coolsardi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 pm

VulgarisMagistralis wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Hello Frou01,

I don't have any answers, but I may have some interesting information about mine that can be used by others.

14/12/2020 03:35:34 - Driver Collection
14/12/2020 17:10:54 - Driver Delivery
15/12/2020 04:05:40 - Driver Collection
17/12/2020 03:34:35 - Driver Collection

What no one tells us is that these events in the file with that information are populated by some sort of computer scan and it stores longitude and latitude data for each scan being made. So I was able to extract the information on the address of the scans, like so:

Turns out that there was a scan made, presumably by the driver, on Monday, 0.8 miles from my residence!

I think that TNT got the parcel on the 10th or so, transported to their depot on Barking, then scanned it (automatically?) on Monday morning. Then they put it in a vehicle for delivery. Driver for some reason turned back, logged some lousy excuse in their system and took the parcel back to Barking. The parcel went rhough another scan in the early morning and stayed there till the 17th, when it was scanned again for delivery.
This is so cool btw - I'm also facing something similar and interested to know how you cracked the source code. I"m not a coder but know enough to play around and dig written codes :)

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm

coolsardi wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 pm

This is so cool btw - I'm also facing something similar and interested to know how you cracked the source code. I"m not a coder but know enough to play around and dig written codes :)
Hi, sorry i took a while to see your response. It's a basic JSON file.

I don't remember specifics, but you go to the TNT tracking page with a browser like Firefox or Chrome, and then open the inspector tool. On that tool there should be a tab saying "network". When you send a code for a tracking request, a JSON file will be downloaded, which you can intercept in the inspector's network tab. (A filter for "XHR" requests can narrow it down.) JSON is a text. You can analyse it by clicking in the request and looking at the preview in the inspector. Or you can ask it to open in a new tab/window. If the JSON is all hard to read, with no line breaks, you can always google for a JSON formatter. Then you can grab all the longitude and latitude information and feed into some online tool that can locate that for you. I know Google maps should support longitude and latitude, so that should be good enough. Images taken look like garbled code, but it's a base64 code. TNT desn't show all photographs, so if you find one you can just copy that and use some online tool that converts base64 to PNG or JPEG images. That should reveal what the driver understands is your front door, which many times is just some random door or wall or something impossible to understand.

yaz9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yaz9 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:53 am

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm
coolsardi wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi, sorry i took a while to see your response. It's a basic JSON file.

I don't remember specifics, but you go to the TNT tracking page with a browser like Firefox or Chrome, and then open the inspector tool. On that tool there should be a tab saying "network". When you send a code for a tracking request, a JSON file will be downloaded, which you can intercept in the inspector's network tab. (A filter for "XHR" requests can narrow it down.) JSON is a text. You can analyse it by clicking in the request and looking at the preview in the inspector. Or you can ask it to open in a new tab/window. If the JSON is all hard to read, with no line breaks, you can always google for a JSON formatter. Then you can grab all the longitude and latitude information and feed into some online tool that can locate that for you. I know Google maps should support longitude and latitude, so that should be good enough. Images taken look like garbled code, but it's a base64 code. TNT desn't show all photographs, so if you find one you can just copy that and use some online tool that converts base64 to PNG or JPEG images. That should reveal what the driver understands is your front door, which many times is just some random door or wall or something impossible to understand.

You're amazing thank you! I used this approach and managed to find where my passport is! I never posted on this forum but you, sir, motivated me to join to say thank you.