ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Near fixed term contract end date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Near fixed term contract end date

Post by sequoia » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am eligible for applying for ILR in the first week of January next year through Tier 2(General) route as I am completing my 5 years on 25th January 2021. I am currently on a fixed term contract until 28-February-2021. My employer has provided me a letter with the following text "holds a fixed term position until to 28 February 2021 which will be extended subject to continued funding."

Should I ask them to change the text to something else? Any suggestions?

Also, I would like to know what will happen to my ILR application if I get terminated on 28 February 2021? Will I still get an ILR based upon the documents provided in the application or do I need to search for another tier 2 sponsor urgently?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Near fixed term contract end date

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm

Ideally your employer needs to mention you are required for a “foreseeable future.”

Also, you are expected to be employed till a decision is made in case HO makes enquiries with your employer.

See sample:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 67381.html

Also see:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... 97208.html

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-employme ... 02546.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Re: Near fixed term contract end date

Post by sequoia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Thank you for the links.