ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

penguinexpress
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Withdraw ILR application

Post by penguinexpress » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my ILR application on the 4th December, however over the weekend learned that my mum was suffering complications from a surgery so I need to plan to return home immediately.

I then filled in the form on 8th December to withdraw my ILR application, as I still have plenty of valid leave under Tier 2 General and can re-apply for ILR later in the year when I am back in the UK.

I have not attended any appointment, not taken biometrics nor submitted any documents.

Since the submission of the withdrawl form, I have not heard back from Home Office. There is also no acknowledging email to confirm that this request is received. The earliest doable flight for me is on the 17th December which I am planning on taking.

Could anyone help me with a few questions:

1. Would it be okay for me to leave the UK without confirmaiton that my application is withdrawn?
2. Will this have any negative consequences on my subsequent application for ILR?
3. Do you know if Home Office will refund the application fee and how long does the refund normally take?

Any suggestions or answers are much appreciated!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Withdraw ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:02 pm

You would have got something on screen when you filled the withdrawal application? Keep that as proof.

Anyways, just travel, you will be okay. Refunds happen automatically, it can take longer due to corona.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

penguinexpress
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Re: Withdraw ILR application

Post by penguinexpress » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks for your help Cullinan!

To my dismay, I had an internet problem and had to refresh the page and did not save the reference number (and stupidly think that I will receive an automated email to confirm receipt of withdrawl).

Lessons learnt...