ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant Job related query and travel related

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependant Job related query and travel related

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi,

Had these queries regarding Tier 2 dependant partner visa.

Can the tier 2 dependant work remotely for a company outside UK and receive the payment outside UK?

Suppose the dependant already has a job in their home country (outside UK), can they continue working remotely for their employer once they arrive as a dependent in the UK ?
Their employer seems to think this is fine, but I would like to know if it's fine from a Tier 2 dependant point of view as well...
If this is not allowed for whatever reason, could you also let me know where in the rules is this written?

And the second query is about the traveling. Can anyone from experience let me know if your partner travelling from a country that is not on the travel corridor needs to do a covid test before boarding the flight for UK ?

And now with London being Tier 4, can you travel from a Tier 4 area to pick your partner up from the airport ?

Thanks in advance

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 dependant Job related query and travel related

Post by traveller789654 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Any one?