ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

August and September applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ispno1

August and September applicants

Post by ispno1 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:17 am

Hi everyone.

I was going through Lynns updated spreadsheet and i saw very few august and septmber applicants. if there are any more candidates in these months let us know the details so that i can update the spreadsheet made by Lynn.

i also suggest that in view of the new strategy by the HSMP people to first process the dec and onwards applications we shud all consider whether to withdraw and send in a fresh one cauz chances of getting the reapplied application processed faster would be greater as i doubt they will ever get time to totally process all current applications before moving on to the june to nov applications.

everyones advice and suggestions are welcome

Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:55 pm

I am sure the HO would love the extra income. there are a number of things to consider b4 we all rush to withdraw our applications (other than the £150 that we would have 'donated' to the HO for 'safekeeping' of our documents),
1st we are not sure where exactly they are in terms of June applicants, they are June 7 but i would like to believe they are maybe 2 or 3 weeks ahead of that.
2) there seemed to have been apparantely a very long queue for the 'urgent' applicants (those with job offers), it might not be so now and it could mean that they can increase the manpower on the june/july applicants. also what this might mean is that there might not be as many people in the queue as we think, there is noone after December 1 (except possibly applicants from the last couple of days), and with a lot of 'urgent applicants who had clogged up the urgent queue now out of the way, things might begin to move faster,
3) If we all withdraw our applicants it could weeeks (or months even) before we actually get them back and who is to say that the conditions wont change b4 we get the applications back or post them back to them.
4) for most pple personal circumstances have change, some are now above 28 years, incomes might have changed, for better or for worse.
anyway i m playing a wait and see game, and would seriously consider resubmitting if i think this will be better for me. it wont work for everyone

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:03 am

Hi,
Here is my bit of information for your spreadsheet:

Applied : 29 August 2004
Received by HO: 31 August 2004
Payment deducted : 21 September 2004
Ref Number : 0255xx

Details:
* out of the country
* no urgent treatment sent

I am also intend to wait-and-see, it is unfair, but we cannot do anything about it. Don't think withdrowing and re-applying is the best choice for me.
I will keep collecting evidences and prepare for the worse.

I Wish all the best to all who have applied, especially the ones between June-Nov

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:55 pm

i quite share the thoughts of f2k in this. it indeed seems very unfortunate for us june-november applicants but who knows what Providence has in stock for us?
pulling out our applications now i dont think will be right at least not for everyone. i also believe things will take a fast track very soon for june-nov. apps.
HO has actually delayed us long enough and they know it and surely they are taking steps to address the situation.
let's all hope to see a big leap in the service levels in the next few days :o
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler