ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application - Documents Checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gag285
Member of Standing
India

MN1 Application - Documents Checklist

Post by gag285 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:35 pm

I applied for my children's (2 applicants) British citizenship by registration using MN1. I have two queries in relation to the supporting documentation:

1. Under mandatory documents, in addition to asking for parents marriage certificate and child's birth certificate, the checklist asks for evidence of parental responsibility. I thought this is covered by the name of the parents on the birth certificate. Are the two documents sufficient for this or would i need to evidence more proof.

2. I had mentioned in the application that they had BRPs but these expired on 28th Oct 2020. The checklist now asks for these to be included (although it says current BRP). I take its not an issue including their BRP scans (for their expired BRPs) as they did not need a leave to remain in the UK in order to apply for registration.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Application - Documents Checklist

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Please keep all questions in the same thread:

british-citizenship/mn1-application-dat ... l#p1970145

1) UK birth certificate is enough.

2) No issue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.