ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office application fraud/forged signatures by solicitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raveena
India

Home office application fraud/forged signatures by solicitor

Post by Raveena » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:01 am

Case is complicated , apologies in advance. I need urgent advice please.I recently received ILR, case is about my husband:

Entered UK on 23/08/2010 as Tier 4 dependant,leave was valid until May 2012. Got PSW dependant from September 2012-September2014. Applied intime for Tier 4 visa . Got rejection on 30th October,2014. Appealed and won. Recievied Tier 4 dependant from May2015-Oct 2016. Applied for FLR(HRO) before expiry of current visa. Received refusal on 21st September 2017 with certified Appeal rights.Applied under FLR(HRO) on 3rd October,2017. Granted Leave outside immigration rules(LOTR) from 15th May 2018-17th November 2018 ,basically because of my son’s premature birth and his health needs.We had some arguments and social services got involved, because of his alcohol addiction they moved me and baby separately. I was told in case I meet my husband they will put child safeguarding plans. Even they told me to remove him from my visa application .
So the application that I send for further renewal on Oct 2018 as him as dependant but then I wrote letter to Home Office and removed him.

His current leave was valid until 17th November,2018. He filed another application on 16th November,2018 through solicitor. He had to give his biometrics thrice after getting letters from Home Office ( that was something strange ).Whole year passed, in November 2019 his solicitor contacted Home Office about updates and they mentioned that they already sent to him refusal in July, 2019.Neither my husband nor solicitor received any refusal letter. His solicitor said he asked them to fax him. Refusal was with appeal rights. So his solicitor files out of time appeal in November , 2019.

Social services did assessments and we reconciled and started living together from December, 2019. They have discharged us.

Solicitor did not give us any Appeal Reference number. We contacted tribunal for our peace of mind if any appeal was lodged under my husband’s name . They denied that there is nothing on their database. Our solicitor said that Home Office needs to approve appeal first before tribunal accepts. We Kept chasing tribunal, as evidence we just had IAFT form that he filled up and cover letter and no postage proof. By God’s grace,One of the senior authorities Asked us to provide all proofs and that he will look into the matter. We had doubt that solicitor is playing something fishy. We notified home office and tribunal to not contact solicitor further and send all communication directly to us.
Tribunal accepted out of time appeal In October,2020 with no fault of appellant( my husband).Now hearing is in March ,2021.

We wanted to check why he had to give his biometrics thrice and also refusal letter mentioned wrong date of application. To cross check we requested for copy of Subject Access Request. We got shock ,the application that he made on 16th November,2018( paid him application fees and IHS surcharge through bank transfer), he applied for fee waiver and did not pay . This application got refused in December,2019. Solicitor never informed my husband , he then made another application and paid fees without our knowledge, forged signatures and writing on consent form and submitted. Till date he never mentioned about this application to us.

Now we thinking how to prove everything in court. Do we need report of forensic handwriting expert? Any layman can actually tell that signatures are not his .We will fight ourselves so thinking best possible ways to fight , cannot trust solicitors anymore. Also his immigration history has been spoiled otherwise he would also have applied for ILR under long residency because of carelessness ,negligence And dishonesty of solicitor.

Raveena
India

Re: Home office application fraud/forged signatures by solicitor

Post by Raveena » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:05 am

Correction: application made on 16th November,2018 got rejected in December,2018 and solicitor made another application in January,2019 (forged)