ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work - application pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Right to work - application pending

Post by limey10 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi all

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can not find the answer here on the forum.

I know that I can check right to work using a valid BRP, but how do I check right to work once that BRP has run out. I'm sure I stumbled on a post that had a .gov link which asked whether an application is pending, but like I say, I can't find it anywhere.

My wife's employer is getting nervous and bugging her for proof.

All help gratefully received.
Regards, Phil

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Right to work - application pending

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Your wife is covered by Section 3C as long she made an in-time application. Her work rights continue until a decision is made. It is the employer’s responsibility to check via the GOV ECS service. Employer is not supposed to even ask the employee. If employer is bothering, ask the employer to check the status with HO.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

ECS is valid for 6 months, employer needs to request again after 6 months in case the decision is still pending.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: Right to work - application pending

Post by limey10 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi Cullinan

You did it again, that is exactly the link that I saw previously, thank you so much.

My wife's company is not bugging her in a harassing way, but simply because they genuinely don't know how to check. This information will go a long way to reassuring them... thank you again :-)

Regards, Phil