ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA for EU Family Permit for spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amgody02

COA for EU Family Permit for spouse

Post by Amgody02 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:10 am

Hi guys, hope you all have a nice Christmas, I have a quick question for a friend, he applied for his EU Family permit as he is married to an EU national and she has pre-settled status and gave his biometric in Egypt on 17th December (last week), he is still hasn’t received COA letter, is that normal or people applying from outside the UK don’t receive this letter and only receives decision straight away?

If he should receive this letter, do they send it by email or in the normal mail?

Thank you in advance.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Re: COA for EU Family Permit for spouse

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 am

Will receive it confirmation email after few days when their application is received at the decision centre.

Kindly mention timeline.

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:50 am

Applied: 15th December 2020
Biometric: 17th December 2020
COA: still :roll:
Decision received: :roll:

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Hopefully next week or week after you will receive confirmatiom... as there also off days coming up.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Amgody02 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:10 am
Hi guys, hope you all have a nice Christmas, I have a quick question for a friend, he applied for his EU Family permit as he is married to an EU national and she has pre-settled status and gave his biometric in Egypt on 17th December (last week), he is still hasn’t received COA letter, is that normal or people applying from outside the UK don’t receive this letter and only receives decision straight away?

If he should receive this letter, do they send it by email or in the normal mail?

Thank you in advance.
I have never heard of a COA for a family permit application outside the UK. COA for residence card applications within the UK, yes.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:14 pm

ALKB wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 pm
I have never heard of a COA for a family permit application outside the UK. COA for residence card applications within the UK, yes.
I agree.

To the best of my knowledge, CoA letters are issued to state whether the applicant has the right to work in the UK while the (Residence Card) application is being decided.

By definition, if the applicant is not in the UK and is waiting for the Family Permit to be issued before arriving in the UK, the question of right to work in the UK is moot (because deciding that is the reason to require a Family Permit in the first place).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:58 pm

No its not a COA letter/email, its a confirmation that the apllication has reached the DMC.

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:11 pm

He have given his biometric in TCL visa centre, when he try to track my application it says it's with the decision centre, does that mean its already with case worker no letter needed?

Anyone knows the timeline for these types of applications? How long it takes to get a decision?

Thank you again guys :D