ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with my visa applications

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Help with my visa applications

Post by 365016 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I recently married an American citizen in the UK.

She has limited leave to remain in the uk until May 2010.

We are looking to move to the US of A in the next few years so if I'm right it's quite a long drawn out process to get a visa in to the states, correct?!

Anyway I will be going to the States on a spouse visa, and I have the form I-130, petition for Alien relative.

I'm just wondering if we pass this initial form, what comes after the I-130 form?

Medicals, police checks, interviews?

I am 21 and am completely clear and very healthy and have a good degree, I would think my chances of getting a visa are pretty good, but if anyone could enlighten me on some hints and tips that would be fantastic!

misscharlotte
Newly Registered

Post by misscharlotte » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:51 pm

I am in the same situation.
My husband lives in the US and I am here in the UK. We filed out I-130 form and received a receipt in 2 weeks. Now we have been told it will take 3-6 months to hear back from this form. When we do hear back, it will be for another form- sponsor information and I will have to go to the embassy for my interview and medical test. All in all we were told it would take maximum upto a year.

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Post by jman0warS » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:27 pm

What documents did you send in initially? The i-130 and the biographical one?
Any others?