ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Sustinability in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amit T
Newly Registered

Proof of Sustinability in UK

Post by Amit T » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:23 am

Hi All there,

Can anyone suggest howmuch amount do we need to disclose for a couple to sustain in UK, PROVIDED I have sufficient resourcecs for Accomodation in UK.

I am also interseted if anyone can share his covering letter for part of the application where 'arrangements for seeking work in uk' is asked.

Thanks in Advance

I can be contacted at logic4allofus@yahoo.com

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:29 pm

I put together a monthly budget, including rent (research costs on flats in your area), council tax, tv licence, food, utilties, telephone, internet access, transportation etc. Then assume it will take you 3 or 4 months to find a job. That should give you a good ballpark. I'm single, and will be living in Glasgow, and it came to around 900-1000 GBP/month for basic living expenses. In London, it would be more.

For the work section, I included a letter from my recruiting agency, e-mail confirmations of interviews I have had and jobs I have applied for, a sector-specific summary of the market with a salary survey I found on the internet, and a pile of job listings from the internet in my field and in the area where I plan to live. Just show them that you have researched the market for your skills and have taken whatever steps you can from your home country to begin a job search.

good luck!

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:55 pm

I did most of the same steps as Lynn, except i had no interviews to document nor the market survey for work. As for my monthly budget, I showed them how much savings I had and made a very conservative budget showing how i could use my savings to support and supplement any income throughout the first 12 months. I showed income through anticipated temp work starting in the 2nd month, and how my reliance on savings would decrease throughout the year.

i had read somewhere (though I don't remember where!) that they're looking for at least GBP 3000 to start, more if you have a family or dependents.

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:32 am

you may be right as one of my friend got EC many months ago with a low funds in hand. He showed about 3500 pounds.

Sher

Post by Sher » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:05 pm

This one has been elaborately answered for me.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: