ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being employed in the UK while waiting for a Surinder Singh application decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ST560S
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Being employed in the UK while waiting for a Surinder Singh application decision

Post by ST560S » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi,

My wife submitted a request for a EEA FP as the non-EEA wife of me, a BC, from an EEA country under the Surinder Singh route. She was granted a 6 month work visa (Nov 2020-April 2021). I thought this was very easy to renew online, but have discovered I need to submit a paper application to Liverpool Home Office. I thought this was stupid since I had already submitted all this information (evidence of relationship, evidence of joint residence) through the TLSContact website, some 40 odd pages of documentation.. but alas ..

We filled out the big 60 page paper form and posted it, and now the waiting game. Can anyone help with the following:

1) Can she simultaneously apply for pre-settled status on the government website?
2) She recently became employed for a 1 year contract, can she continue to work while this is application is in process?
3) What is the timeframe we are looking at to receive a reply and get a plastic residence permit, and how long until she can receive her passport back from Liverpool?