ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship, Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed,

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Citizenship, Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed,

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 pm

Asking for a cousin, can someone please confirm if this will be accepted as proof of residence by the Citizenship:

A bank statement showing 2020 transactions but the requested date is today 2021? Wil it shows 2021 or still 2020? not sure if citizenship will accept?.

Also, Invoice for waste bin bill also requested today I hope it shows 2021?

Not sure if bank statements transactions of 2020 will state 2021 as requested today?.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Citizenship, Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed,

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:59 pm

Hi,

I downloaded all my bank statements (including old ones) only recently for my Citizenship application online.

So as long as it is an official bank statement, what is more important than issue date is the transaction listed for a period. So 2020 should be fine in my opinion.

I can only presume waste bin invoice should be fine as long as it is addressed to the sender in a company letter head.

Forum members may correct me if I am wrong.

I hope it helps.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Citizenship, Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed,

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:20 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:59 pm
Hi,

I downloaded all my bank statements (including old ones) only recently for my Citizenship application online.

So as long as it is an official bank statement, what is more important than issue date is the transaction listed for a period. So 2020 should be fine in my opinion.

I can only presume waste bin invoice should be fine as long as it is addressed to the sender in a company letter head.

I hope it helps.
The applicant is trying to get 3 different proofs for 2021 as he only got 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017. So one more year which is 2021 and he's applying this January. He's got utility bills and bank account but they're not showing 2021. He just requested for some them today hopefully they will show 2021?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:37 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:20 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Hi,

I hope it helps.
The applicant is trying to get 3 different proofs for 2021 as he only got 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017. So one more year which is 2021 and he's applying this January. He's got utility bills and bank account but they're not showing 2021. He just requested for some them today hopefully they will show 2021?
Hi,

I see what you are saying now.

It is understandable that one will not have all the docs for 2021 coz it only 1st of Jan.

When I applied Mid December, I didn't have the Employment Summary for 2020 (equivalent to P60) coz its gets generated only in Jan 2021. Also the same with my December 2020 payslip and December 2020 bank statement as they weren't generated.

So if I we're you, I would include a cover letter explaining why I the docs aren't available. That is exactly what I did.

Do bear in mind, if they need more docs, they will contact you anyways.

Tips for 2021 docs:

- You can ask landlord to issue a letter that your cousin in still living in the property
- One can get the latest Utility Bill if you give latest meter reading to the utility company or you can do it online too.
- You can go to the bank and ask them to print the current month transaction statement
- Ask GP to issue a letter that your cousin is still registered

I hope it helps.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:37 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
raja.brit wrote:
Hi,

I hope it helps.
Hi,

It is understandable that one will not have all the docs for 2021 coz it only 1st of Jan.

When I applied Mid December, I didn't have the Employment Summary for 2020 (equivalent to P60) coz its gets generated only in Jan 2021. Also the same with my December 2020 payslip and December 2020 bank statement as they weren't generated.

So if I we're you, I would include a cover letter explaining why I the docs aren't available. That is exactly what I did.

Tips for 2021 docs:

- You can ask landlord to issue a letter that your cousin in still living in the property
- One can get the latest Utility Bill if you give latest meter reading to the utility company or you can do it online too.
- You can go to the bank and ask them to print the current month transaction statement

I hope it helps.
Thanks for this. Will they accept a TV licence too?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:47 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:37 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
raja.brit wrote:
Hi,

I hope it helps.
Hi,

Tips for 2021 docs:

I hope it helps.
Thanks for this. Will they accept a TV licence too?
TV Licence should be fine.