ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

180 days of absence for ILR – Any exception due to COVID

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aws2
Newly Registered
India

180 days of absence for ILR – Any exception due to COVID

Post by aws2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:30 am

Hi,

I am in Tier 2 General visa since November 2019. I came to India in March, 2020 for a family visit and unable to travel back to UK as I had COVID and hospitalized in India and need to take care of my parents who are still sick. It has been nearly 10 months I am in India. I learned that "No more than 180 days’ absences are allowed in a consecutive 12-month period for applying ILR". Are there any exceptions If the applicant (Tier 2 General) is outside UK for more than 180 days due to COVID-19? Please share any link on latest guidelines. Appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: 180 days of absence for ILR – Any exception due to COVID

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:32 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.