ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Visa Category requirement Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abhinavsetu
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Visa Category requirement Query

Post by Abhinavsetu » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello,

I moved to the UK in 2014 and has worked under Tier 2 ICT short term visa for 10 months, then on Tier 2 ICT long term visa on approximately 5 years and am currently working on Tier 2 General Dependent Visa since 1 year.

And my wife worked on Tier 2 ICT - Dependent for 2 years and now on Tier 2 General visa from last 1 year.

My query is :

Which route to ILR will be applicable for us? Do we need to complete 5 years on Tier 2 general visa in specific or we can apply after 10 years of total stay in the UK?

Please suggest.

Regards..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Visa Category requirement Query

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:07 pm

5 years on tier 2 general for ilr based on 5 years residence.

If you reach and meet all the requirements for long residnece, then that is an option too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.