ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee MN1 form - can it be digitally signed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Referee MN1 form - can it be digitally signed

Post by kittycatkeeb » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:05 pm

The UK is in a very strict lockdown and we're not supposed to meet people. I don't have a printer and there is nowhere that will be open where I could print my forms to have my referees physically sign them anyways. It seems insane that this would be required in 2021 and in a pandemic???

If I email the form to the my referees and they sign it with a proper signature using Adobe PDF is that ok? What difference does it make if I am going to upload it digitally to UKVCAS anyways?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee MN1 form - can it be digitally signed

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:25 pm

I second your thoughts but ideally the referee forms should have wet signatures. Ideally by posting them during the pandemic.

You should also keep hold of the originals till a decision is made. HO can ask for them at a later stage (very rare though).

You can always TRY and add a cover letter and explain the situation. HO may or may not accept the referee forms. In case not accepted, they will write to you to provide referee forms again which may cause delays.

Note: A printer can be bought and post offices are open so HO may not accept the reasons. Or you can simply wait till shops are open again.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:13 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:25 pm
I second your thoughts but ideally the referee forms should have wet signatures. Ideally by posting them during the pandemic.

You should also keep hold of the originals till a decision is made. HO can ask for them at a later stage (very rare though).

You can always TRY and add a cover letter and explain the situation. HO may or may not accept the referee forms. In case not accepted, they will write to you to provide referee forms again which may cause delays.

Note: A printer can be bought and post offices are open so HO may not accept the reasons. Or you can simply wait till shops are open again.
Thank you Cullinan! Level-headed as always. I'll make it work. Thanks for the clarification!

bobvana
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bobvana » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:34 pm

I used digitally signed forms without a cover letter and it went well.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:54 am

One of my referees signed electronically without any issues (no cover letter needed).