ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement / Payslip Timing - Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Krl25sc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bank Statement / Payslip Timing - Spouse Visa Application

Post by Krl25sc » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:38 am

Apologies if this has been asked before.

My monthly salary is paid into my account on or around 4th of every month and my bank statements are prepared as of 28th every month. So, if I want to submit an application on, say, this coming 15 January, I will not have a current statement showing my salary credited on 4 January (because the statement showing this credit is not prepared until 28 January).

Am I right in thinking, given the 28 day date rule, that I have two options:

1. Try to get to a bank branch (HSBC) to print an interim statement duly stamped or with bank cover letter showing 4 January salary credit; or

2. Submit application on 29 January with regular monthly statement of 28 January showing 4 January bank salary credit.

I am assuming I can’t just rely on 4 January payslip without accompanying bank statement.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Bank Statement / Payslip Timing - Spouse Visa Application

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Safest would be to follow (2) as stated above.

However, you can get an interim bank statement before you apply (dated before you apply) showing the 4th Jan transaction. Add a cover letter and add the full statement generated on 28th before biometrics then. It should be okay. But safest is to follow (2).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:41 am

Krl25sc wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:38 am
I am assuming I can’t just rely on 4 January payslip without accompanying bank statement.
If you were paid on 4th January, is the pay for the month of January?

Also, do you know the period the payslip covers?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Krl25sc wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:38 am
Apologies if this has been asked before.

My monthly salary is paid into my account on or around 4th of every month and my bank statements are prepared as of 28th every month. So, if I want to submit an application on, say, this coming 15 January, I will not have a current statement showing my salary credited on 4 January (because the statement showing this credit is not prepared until 28 January).

Am I right in thinking, given the 28 day date rule, that I have two options:

1. Try to get to a bank branch (HSBC) to print an interim statement duly stamped or with bank cover letter showing 4 January salary credit; or

2. Submit application on 29 January with regular monthly statement of 28 January showing 4 January bank salary credit.

Thanks
HSBC does not stamp bank statements but can provide you with a letter. Switch your to be issued on 10th of each month.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Krl25sc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Krl25sc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Thank you all for the replies on this, much appreciated.

For others' information, HSBC agreed to issue an interim statement on 11 December showing 4 January salary payment so that problem is solved.

One other question, which probably reflects the fact I am overthinking this but here goes...

To satisfy the payslips for "a period of 6 months prior to the date of application" requirement, assuming I am paid in arrears on 4th of every month and the application is submitted on 15 January, would that mean I would submit 4 January 21, 4 December 20, 4 November 20, 4 October 20, 4 September 20 and 4 August 20 payslips (and accompanying bank statements showing deposits)? This would mean the the first payslip (4 August) is more than six months ago and relates to July work also more than six months ago - but I assume this must be right?

Thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 am

Krl25sc wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:54 pm
This would mean the the first payslip (4 August) is more than six months ago and relates to July work also more than six months ago
That's ok. You're overthinking this bit.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."